We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Island Hopping Tour to choose?

Which El Nido hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,387 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Topic
Which Island Hopping Tour to choose?

These seem to be the 4 most popular island hopping tours in El Nido. Furthermore there is also a kayaking tour. Im not into kayaking but love island hopping and snorkeling and seeing beautiful scenery.

TOUR A:

Small & Big Lagoon,

Simizu,

Secret Lagoon,

Payong-Payong,

SevenCommando Beach

TOUR B:

Pangalusian,

Snake Island,

Cudognon & Catedral Caves,

Pinagbuytan Island

TOUR C:

Hidden Beach,

Tapiutan Beach,

Star Beach,

Matinloc Island,

Helicopter Island

TOUR D:

Cadlao Lagoon,

Balinaod,

Pasandigan Beach,

Napnap Beach

Bukal Beach

Can anyone tell me are the best ones and any I should give a miss. I suppose there is only so much island hopping I can do.

Tommo

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
290 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Which Island Hopping Tour to choose?

I too would appreciate a list of safe and reputable tour operators. We are planning our upcoming holiday and certainly don't want to deal with headaches (bad) or disasters (worse).

A public list doesn't violate any rules here does it?

Thank you

-RR

Edited: 18 June 2012, 22:29
Sunnyvale...
Level Contributor
27 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Which Island Hopping Tour to choose?

I went on all 3 (ABC) and noticed one of the other tour operators had a D tour but didn't have time for it. My mistake was doing 3 tours in 3 days. By the 3rd day I was wiped out and too exhausted to fully enjoy it. 9am-4-5pm will wear you out! Id take a day off between each tour!

As for which is best, I honestly don't believe you can go wrong on ANY of them. Each had its highlights. C has that surreal abandoned church/shrine. All of them have amazing secret lagoons or beaches or coves. Snake Island was really cool, saw monkeys there. A had, I think, the best snorkeling, but really the snorkeling wasn't that great overall. Saw some huge jellyfish on 2 of the tours.

Like I said, I loved all 3. Picking the 'best' one is hard...you can't go wrong with any of them imo.

Sunnyvale...
Level Contributor
27 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Which Island Hopping Tour to choose?

We booked Tour C and B through the El Nido Boutique Artcafe. This place seems to cater directly to tourists.

We booked tour C and when we got back, booked Tour B the next day. After getting back from tour B the next day, we attempted to book Tour A for tomorrow, it was full.

Lesson: Book before you leave in the Morning!

We booked tour A from Gemini which was near my hotel (Garnet). This one seemed to cater more towards local tourists. Our group was all Philippinos except for me and my friend.

However, this tours lunch was MUCH better than those run by the Artcafe. Not that their lunches were bad! I was very happy with the grilled fresh fish, shish kabob (still not sure what kind of meat, tough but tasty), Rice, salad and Pineapple

Gemini's lunch never seemed to end! First they brought out prawns and grilled fish, then pork, then crab, Rice, salad, vegetables, watermelon, pineapple. God I was stuffed. all was delicious!

Texas
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
34. Re: Which Island Hopping Tour to choose?

Hello,

Can you recommend other local places to go in El Nido. I'm looking for dining, great sunsets, and tours.

THANKS!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Which Island Hopping Tour to choose?

Texasmom.

There are many places to eat on the beach in El Nido and there are tour operators absolutely everywhere, all offering the same tours. Sunsets, well just wait for the sun to go down

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,387 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Which Island Hopping Tour to choose?

There are also sunset island hopping cruises on offer.

Pick one of the restos on the beach to enjoy sunset drinks and or dinner. Read the reviews to help you to decide.Many have tables on the beach.

Tommo

shanghai
Level Contributor
52 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Which Island Hopping Tour to choose?

Hi Tommo

We decided on which sites we wanted to see then hired our own boat to do our own customised tour. We had Mark 09102879520 - he was excellent. For 6 of us it even worked out cheaper than the per/person set tours. (A B, C etc) Mark also set out an awesome lunch (he has hotel experience) on a deserted beach for us - that was part of our criteria - we wanted an early start to avoid the standard tours and preferably deserted places. We had both big and small lagoon entirely to ourselves and the monkeys were active at small lagoon which was great to see. Also swam with a turtle in big lagoon. I think the only place where it was a little busy was Snake Island - around lunch time. I may have posted photos of the lunch on a review of Makulay Lodge.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Which Island Hopping Tour to choose?

stupid question but where do I book these tours?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,705 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Which Island Hopping Tour to choose?

You just go to and travel agent or even your hotel can arrange for you!

shanghai
Level Contributor
52 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Which Island Hopping Tour to choose?

Mark's number is in my reply if you want a personalised itin. There are numerous vendors all around ElNido - you can't miss them. Prices don't vary much for the set tours. As someone else mentioned - your accom can also book for you.