We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Nido

Killarney, Ireland
Level Contributor
31 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
El Nido

Going to El Nido Wednesday. We are in Puerto Princess at the moment. Any recommendations on a good air con comfortable mini van to get up?

Also may spend up to 7 days in El UNIDO, is it best to stay in town? Looking for accommodation recommendations for Max $40usd per night.

Thanks

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Nido

Mini van.

http://www.daytripperpalawan.com/

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,722 posts
1,719 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Nido

Or Roro Bus.

Tommo

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Nido

Lexus will collect you from your hotel. I still prefer RoRo bus myself

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Nido

Hi you can contact these shuttle service companies. They use toyota grandia vans (16-seater).

Fortwally Shuttle Company 0920-9815702, 0917-2762875.

Eulen Joy 0926-6998700

They charge 600 - 700 PHP per person, one way.

For accomodations, you may please check out this website:

http://www.elnidoviewdeck.com/

Baguio City...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Nido

The buses are more comfortable in terms of personal space, (seating ) though they take an hour or so longer to reach El Nido. All of the vans (except Daytripper) are cramped inside.

If you take a van, only Daytripper is recommended, they are highly professional and polite but its more expensive. I've taken Eulen Joy but they are a bit rude and not helpful in answering questions.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,722 posts
1,719 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El Nido

I liked the Roro Bus for its roominess large windows for viewing but the trip probably takes an 1 hr or 2 more than a shuttle which I imagine may be a lot more cramped.

Tommo

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: El Nido

Just to add, other than Roro, there is Cherry Bus too.

So more options for travellers.

8. Re: El Nido

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 21:03
Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: El Nido

@ Steps

You have made a nice blog with good, useful and objective information. Ditto for the photos.

Has ro ro increased it's Puerto - El Nido frequency? (When we travelled, it was only 1 bus every 2 hours, with only every alternate trip an air con one)

That was the worst part - a whole day was wasted just travelling (early morning flight to Puerto, 10 am bus from Puerto to El Nido, lousy hurried lunch at Roxas - Inhaled some dust at Taytay bus stand, reached El Nido, tired, at nearly 4 pm). Nothing much to do in El Nido in the evening except for aimless walking along it's narrow streets packed with pension houses and backpacker accommodaiton.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,722 posts
1,719 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: El Nido

After Island Hopping (which was most days if you want to see the best of El Nido and surrounds) we had dinner(several good choices) and drinks then went to bed.

Unless you go to a touristy place like Boracay some of the better beach destinations in the Phils (Camotes Coron Siquijor etc) dont have a lot to do in the evenings.Thats a bonus IMHO.

I thought El Nido was a pleasant town and offered a lot more in the evenings as compared to the other quiet beach destinations.

Tommo