We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodations in El Nido: Capacities in early July

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodations in El Nido: Capacities in early July

Hi everyone,

Since we're travelling to El Nido in July, i was wondering what the degree of capacity utilization of the local accommodations might look like during that month.

Even though July falls into the so-called "low-season", the evidence i have so far from other threads here is quite ambiguous (read of some people who say that El Nido accommodations still operate near full capacity during July, while others claim that most of them are half empty). Could anyone share some of his knowledge / experience about that? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,

Matt

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodations in El Nido: Capacities in early July

if worried about availability -why not contact some places or prebook whatever you are interested in

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodations in El Nido: Capacities in early July

@claireirishman: If possible, we would prefer not to book far in advance, as the weather is kind of unpredictable during that time. For that reason, we were planning to stay in Puerto first (since we have in total 12 days in Palawan at our disposal) and wait until the weather gets good enough to go to El Nido for 3-5 days, i.e. not book until 1-2 days before. That would be the ideal solution for us, but doing that presupposes that enough vacant rooms are still available by that time.

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodations in El Nido: Capacities in early July

July is low season when schools are in full swing and rain is always on the air. If you are not choosy about your place, accomodations will not be a problem.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,191 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodations in El Nido: Capacities in early July

It is not hard to find accommodation in El Nido even during the summer months more so in July.

5. Re: Accommodations in El Nido: Capacities in early July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 June 2013, 12:27
Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,844 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodations in El Nido: Capacities in early July

Hi,

I visited El Nido this year - and the more I read, the more confused I got!

Now that I have been there, here is my advice -

a) El Nido is FILLED with places to stay ... there are nearly 40 resorts there (budget - 500 pesos for a threadbare room to 6000 pesos for a room with air con, beach view and 24 hours electricity) - nearly all the places are about 5 minutes from the water.

b) Hence I don't think you will have an issue getting a room. However, the good places are often booked out (and there are few good and many lousy backpacker places). Hence decide what matters more to you, make a short list and do book at least 2 days in advance.

The view should NOT be a factor when you choose accommodations. Instead look for proximity to town (do you want to stay near El Nido or a more secluded peaceful place like Corong 2 / Caalan?), does the resort have generators (El Nido has restricted electricity and it gets pretty warm - to me an air con was essential)

b) These two websites give a clear idea of the resorts / hotels available and are the best I have seen.

Agkulet is a local resident she has put some excellent representative photos of the resorts - angkulet.com/2012/…

ironwulf.net/2010/…

c) As for us, we stayed in El Nido town on the first 2 days and then moved on to Taiyo (Caalan beach) for the next 2 days. I liked the latter more, but we sometimes came to El Nido town to have dinenr and once to another plush resort closeby.

d) Do remember to carry lots of cash - El Nido has no ATMs and is more expensive than most tourist spots in Phils.

e) Pace your stay - the travel (both to / from and while island hopping) is tiring. Most restaurants are not air conditioned and some don't even have fans (prudes!) and this can tire some of us.

f) Try visiting the more off beat spots (see http://potchiesbucket.blogspot.com/) - less tourists. The island hops are FILLED with tourists.

7. Re: Accommodations in El Nido: Capacities in early July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2014, 05:17