We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update! Where to stay in El Nido and Recommendation Please..

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
108 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Update! Where to stay in El Nido and Recommendation Please..

Hello to Philippines expert,

We will be going to El Nido for our anniversary and we wanted to spend our time together in a romantic settings but we couldn't afford to pay 30,000 or more per night in a very nice resorts!

I'm trying to search an option that we could still enjoy the beauty of El Nido and possibly get a nice view and or beach if possible! I have read all the links you guys showed here and found out about Caalan and Corong-Corong....

We're a homebody person who loves to have peace and quiet and not really into night life! We are in our 30's and just wanted to spend time together alone without our two kids with us but we need to have access to the internet so we could facetime or talk to our kids online once per day so they wont be worried so much where is mommy and daddy! We will be going 11-16 it is 6 days total arriving from Cebu via Cebupacific Airlines I believed around 12:05 and will depart on the 16th at 12:55 I guess...

1.Do you think we could make it for our flight if we will leave in El Nido in the same day?

2. Resorts I have been looking:

Las Cabanas- I'm worried coz of the scary reviews about the owner does anyone still recommend this? someone mentioned in the reviews that their is a nearby resorts or beside of this who is way better and cheaper? Does anybody knows what resort they mean?

Overlooking Resorts- I find it nice

Entulala- I guess this is in El Nido town I've been in El Nido 7 years ago but its very remote and quiet not the same as describe whom you could party and such...

If we stayed in Corong-Corong area is it just accessible to the town for us to eat? My hubby is a very picky eater and not a fun of filipino foods...

hot shower, wifi and good good nearby is needed...

Thank you so much all for the help I appreciate a lot your feedback and opinions feel free to recommend any place you think matches what I have been looking for....

Edited: 28 July 2013, 15:45
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Update! Where to stay in El Nido and Recommendation Please..

Firstly, how do you intend to leave El Nido?

Using ITI or from PPS?

As for accommodation, look at this list for reference.

angkulet.com/2012/…

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
108 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Update! Where to stay in El Nido and Recommendation Please..

Hello mousehunt,

I already look at that link you provide I able to find it with the previous forums... leaving through PPS-Cebu

Been there 7 yrs ago but not able to do road trip coz have a flight from PPS-El Nido that time and on our way out we used ITI from El-Nido to Manila...

thank you...

Edited: 28 July 2013, 16:06
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Update! Where to stay in El Nido and Recommendation Please..

So I assume you are departing from PPS at 1255hrs.

My advice is to stay overnight in PPS. Do not take the risk.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
108 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Update! Where to stay in El Nido and Recommendation Please..

do you recommend staying in Sheridan? is their any beach resorts in Puerto Princessa aside from this one?

thanks for your time mousehunt!

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
108 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Update! Where to stay in El Nido and Recommendation Please..

ps, mousehunt thanks for the link it is a different lists or link sorry its like similar.... looking at it now

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,227 posts
1,651 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Update! Where to stay in El Nido and Recommendation Please..

Sheridan is nice but it requires detouring on the way to El Nido. Its not directly on the route between PP and El Nido as its in Sabang.

Tommo

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
108 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Update! Where to stay in El Nido and Recommendation Please..

Ooopppsss thank you Tommo for clarifying it..... will look more option

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,844 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Update! Where to stay in El Nido and Recommendation Please..

Hi Keynate,

1) I agree with MH - stay overnight at PP and go to El Nido next day. Take the aircon bus from San Jose bus terminus (it leaves at 10 am. Buses run every 2 hours, but only every alternate one is air con)

2) As for staying, Is 6000 pesos per night ok for you? In that case, stay at Cadlao resort - it is at Caalan beach, very nice rooms, has wifi and generator, and a nice quiet beach in front. + gardens. It is a easy 10 minute walk to the town if you wish to eat elsewhere - just remember to bring a rechargeable flashlight.

We had stayed for 2 days at Lally and abet (in the main town) - terrible. I would NOT recommend staying in the main town.

We then shifted to Taiyo village resort which was very good, and excellent value for money at 2500 pesos per night. Taiyo would be my second choice after Cadlao beach resort.

We ate at Cadlao beach resort's restaurant, and if I had a bit more money, THIS is where I would stay. We walked around their resort gardens and also chatted with the staff and owners.

We also visited El Nido overlooking, had a few shakes and walked around - it is an excellent place, the cottages are beautiful, and there is a lot of greenery and cashew trees all around the place. Excellent for nature lovers. Very quiet - but a lot of birds :)

The owner, a Frenchman, is very friendly. However, the only limitation here with El Nido overlooking is that it is pretty far from everything including the each, so you MUST take a trike to go anywhere.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,844 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Update! Where to stay in El Nido and Recommendation Please..

@ Keynate

Here is the best directory of El Nido resorts by a resident. Good photos

angkulet.com/2012/…2

However, do note that some photos in the above blog flatter a bit more than they should.

Stay at Caalan beach - it is far better. In the evening, we used to just sit along the beach in front of Taiyo (hardly any tourists) and "listen"to the falling tide! (you know - the shimmering sound of drying shells?)

The beach at El Nido town proper is not much of a beach and pretty busy with people sitting there.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
108 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Update! Where to stay in El Nido and Recommendation Please..

YouLiveOnlyOnce, thank you so much for a good information about Cadlao I'm about to ask here glad you did mentioned it! I guess we decided Cadlao verses Las Cabanas i think it's a good choice and worth for the money for the facilities and amenities!

Yes, I stayed in Ally and Abet 7 years ago, been reading the reviews there too to get update and still worsts ;)

Thanks a lot!

1. Would you recommend Cadlao or Alternative for a romantic dinner?

2. How is El Nido now during Valentines?

3. Can two tours do in one day or once per day? like tour A monday and tour B tuesday or could combine it? I forgot how it works before all I remember we did tour A and B.

Thank you so much for your time and very informative reply....