We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

serious snorkeling!!!!!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
854 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
serious snorkeling!!!!!

hi everyone..i'm planning a trip with my wife (pinay) to El Nido..i'm leaning heavily towards Miniloc..i'm praying that someone will tell me that GREAT snorkeling is to be had..if not exactly GREAT at the resort itself, are there easily reached spots by boat???? and will a larger, more comfortable banca be available for us..i am not easily impressed when it comes to snorkeling..i am a retired diver and have been to Pandan island and Pamilacan (south of Bohol)..this trip is extremely costly for us considering our financial status (not rich) but i would feel so much better knowing i will experience vibrant corals and teeming sea life...any and all informormation or suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated!!! (-:

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: serious snorkeling!!!!!

Stay in Dauin near to Dumaguete. You can snorkel right off the beach.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,887 posts
1,992 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: serious snorkeling!!!!!

This is another great spot with its own marine reserve:

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g664445-d650…

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
763 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: serious snorkeling!!!!!

The snorkeling is good in Miniloc but the accommodations are better in Lagen Island. We stayed at Lagen and were brought to Miniloc for snorkeling. And yes, there are many other places nearby with good snorkeling.

I don't know if you're taking a package, but ours had all the island hopping & snorkeling activities included. Every evening the activities coordinator would ask what we' like to do the next day and arrange a pick up time in the morning (we had a boat to ourselves). El Nido Resorts is expensive but the facilities and service was worth it in my opinion. Have fun :-)

Philippines
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: serious snorkeling!!!!!

Dear Mr. Craigmon,

El Nido boasts of a lot of habitats where you can snorkel and see diverse species of marine life. The concentration of species astound biologists, and brought a lot of studies in the area. Case in point, Mr. Lee Goldman does snorkeling tours in Miniloc, Lagen, and all over El Nido, and he'd choose El Nido over Raja Ampat or Solomon Islands because of more habitats in a smaller area.

Brian

Edited: 09 September 2013, 06:54
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
88 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: serious snorkeling!!!!!

We stayed in El Nido town and took trips A&C as well as 2 diving trips. We found the snorkeling to be as fantastic as the diving!!! I was very impressed with all of the giant clams, scorpionfish, honeycomb eel, & the largest trumpet fish I have ever seen! Make sure you take tour A, you will not be disappointed by the snorkeling!!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
854 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: serious snorkeling!!!!!

thank you so much everyone this is great to hear i am grateful for all the responses..i am also grateful for all the alternative suggestions..i am always open for new knowlege..

7. Re: serious snorkeling!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2014, 06:22