We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I book RORO Bus

Which El Nido hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bangalore...
Level Contributor
32 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Can I book RORO Bus

Dear all,

I am travelling to El NIdo in mid Jan. I am planning to take 10 PM bus from Puerto. P to EL Nido and also 10 PM bus back.

2 questions:

1. Can someone but tickets for Roro bus in advance? Say, Can I ask my hotel in Puerto.P to buy tickets for me?

2. Is night journeys a safe option?

Regards,

GOwtham

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,908 posts
1,622 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I book RORO Bus

1. No turn up on the day.

2. Yes.

Tommo

Bangalore...
Level Contributor
32 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I book RORO Bus

Thanks Tommo for quick response. So can I bet my travel plan on availability of seats for night bus?

Any idea will the busses generally be crowded or alright?

Palawan Island...
Level Contributor
77 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I book RORO Bus

ONE. Normally people just go to San Jose bus terminal and buy the ticket at the RORO booth during the day of travel, you pay when you're onboard the bus, not at the booth. Just go there no less than an hour early to make sure you get a seat, it's almost December and peak season is picking up.

If you can't make it to RORO, you can take Cherry bus at the same station but they leave at 9:00pm, almost the same comfort anyways, both aircon though Cherry tend to pick up passengers along the way that makes them slower which may be an advantage if you are accustomed sleeping in buses, when you awake in the morning, you've arrived -- probably around 5am, you won't be in a hurry anyway as El Nido is still asleep when you arrive.

If you really want to make sure you get a seat, if you're in Puerto Princesa a day before you travel to El Nido, you can drop by the bus terminal and enlist your name, sort of a booking at the RORO booth. I did that with Cherry bus the few times I went to EN when I was new in the city, now that I'm a long-time resident, I can just show up there, it's a couple of minutes from our house by tricycle.

TWO, yes it's safe to travel at night, Palawan is one place in the country with the lowest crime rate, and although you need to watch your belongings while on bus, I left my Tablet twice on my seat during the time the bus stop for lunch, and found it sitting where I forgot it. It's good to travel during daytime though as the scenery along the way is really nice countryside, all green plains, rice fields, mountains, rivers, beaches.

Have a nice time in our province.

Palawan Island...
Level Contributor
77 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I book RORO Bus

About crowded bus, during low season, it's almost half full, but it's already peak season and last month I traveled to EN on Cherry bus, it's full, even the middle seats are occupied. So go to the station early.

Palawan Island...
Level Contributor
77 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I book RORO Bus

Here's an article about San Jose Bus Terminal and other info on El Nido:

…blogspot.com/2013/09/san-jose-bus-terminal.…

Have fun.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can I book RORO Bus

We had travelled by the Roro bus during daylight, and it was full 10 minutes before departure time. Hence my suggestion? Arrive 40 minutes earlier. Since you plan to sleep while making the trip, I am pretty sure you don't want the back seat!

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can I book RORO Bus

Some more photos of the Roro bus here (we had travelled by the same one - teh 10pm one you plan to catch also is an aircon one and will most probably look like this)

walkflypinoy.com/2013/04/guide-travel-el-nid…

ironwulf.net/2013/…

boywander.com/2013/06/roro-bus-going-to-el-n…

Puchong
Level Contributor
2 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can I book RORO Bus

I am also planning to travel to El NIdo in Mid January. I called RoRo bus but they said presently all is non airconditioned, including the 10PM bus. I tried to look for contact number for Cherry bus but could not find it. Will be helpful if someone has their number. Also need to know what time the Cherry bus will arrive in El NIdo if it departs at 9PM. If it takes the same time as the shuttle van at 6 hrs, then it makes more sense to travel with Cherry Bus. If it tales longer, than it is better to take the shuttle van like Eulen Joy or Fort Wally who can pick you up from airport when your flight arrives, mine is at 6.30PM, and in 5hrs 30 mins , we will arrive in El Nido. This will allow me to arrive El Nido at midnight and also give me time to sleep in my hostel in El NIdo. They quoted me 700 pesos for the one way ticket. The only thing I worry of the shuttle van is the lack of space in the van and feeling of uncomfortable in a cramp situation for 5 hrs. I still have not decided and if someone out there who can give more information, that will be most helpful.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can I book RORO Bus

RoRo bus journey is minimum 8 hours. Van journey is minimum 6 hours.

I suggest you do not take the Eulen Joy or Fort Wally van. They drive like they have no tomorrow.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,318 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can I book RORO Bus

that night bus can get cold if AC, especially if bus is not full. Just be aware of that, especially if you have kids with you.