We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

camping package El Nido, price/recommendations?

Gothenburg, Sweden
1 post
Save Topic
camping package El Nido, price/recommendations?

Me and my girlfriend will spend around 5 days in El Nido in the beginning of January.

She have a birthday on the 3rd so I want to surprise her with a camping experience. I've been looking around on some different packages but I think that 2days/1night or 2days/2nights, including two different island hopping tours, would suit us perfectly.

But do someone know how much I should pay for that kind of package? I know there are many companies in El Nido providing it, but do you have any recommendations on which one I should choose?

Thanks in advance!

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: camping package El Nido, price/recommendations?

Hi,

I would NOT recommend El Nido for this (Hundred islands is far better suited). I have camped at Hundred islands, and we took our tent to El Nido planning much the same. We could nto do it. Here is why -

1) There was only 1 tour which was able to arrange this for us (Rainbow tours - located near Caalan, run by a pastor / fishermen - Pr. Ilde)

2) The tent had to be furnished by us -- none of the local tours have this (this was not a problem since we had ours.. .but read on...)

3) Most of them have never done such a thing (as compared to 100 islands where the tents are arranged by the local tourist org and costs just around 1500 pesos)

4) This is where it broke us - the cost would be a whopping 8000 pesos for 2 days 1 night just for the boat! (Compare this with 100 islands - boat cost 1500 pesos total)

5) We would have to arrange for the food and water in advance - and pay extra 2000 pesos for this.

6) Naturally, the islands do not have water so you must bring this along, of course no toilets so you do it all int eh open. (you would have to bring your toilet paper roll - don't expect the tour agency to think of this)

All in all, it just was not worth the hassle! hence we shelved the idea despite having brought our tent al lthe way just to do this.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: camping package El Nido, price/recommendations?

Nacpan beach some 20km north of El Nido is the perfect place to camp with the most stunning beach and excellent beach shacks selling delicious fresh cooked foods. You will be in heaven. Give El Nido proper a wide berth.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: camping package El Nido, price/recommendations?

@ Ally

I think even for Nacpan, the tourist will have to bring his / her own tent.

Davao City...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: camping package El Nido, price/recommendations?

hi i've read some of your comments/suggestions. i hope you give me some information regarding Puerto Princesa to El Nido Trip.. We are budgeted travelers.

Well were 8 pax travelling these coming Feb. 21 - 25. So were planning to go first at El Nido right after we arrive from 12:50nn on Feb. 21 until 22. How much if we rent a private van? or a public van? And What time will it departs if we travel by public van? What is the cheapest accommodation good for 1 night only? Is there a tour package that give us 1 whole day tour and how much? What would be the last trip for the El Nido to Puerto Princesa and is the fare the same?

I hope you can help me...Thanks alot...

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: camping package El Nido, price/recommendations?

@ Fatey

Wow - so many questions... well.. here are the answers -

1) For 8 passengers, it is probably best to take a minivan (500-600 pesos per passenger - but perhaps you can bargain with the driver ) - just ask the trike drivers standing at the trike stand as soon as you get out of the airport - they will help you.

See http://goatsontheroad.com/coming-going-4/#

The trike will take you to the van - different vans leave from different places - but close to the airport since they are private. All don't leave from the bus terminus which is good, because the bus terminus itself is a good 30 minutes by trike from airport. One trike can take max 5 people (I think the official rate for trike is about 125 pesos). There are also UV express vans going PP to El Nido

Btw, if you took bus, you don't save much money, but you have to wait for the scheduled time (one bus every 2 hours, only alternate buses are air con).

DO take cushion / blanket to sit on - the last 1 hour ride before El Nido is very bumpy because the road is still under construction!

2) Do all 8 of you want to stay in 1 room or 2 rooms? You can tell the owner it is a barkada, - a place that fits 4 cots per room will cost around 2500 pesos per night. So that i s 5000 pesos for 2 people - but you may have to pay extra for the breakfast since the room comes with 2 peoples free breakfast.

See this list of accommodation to choose from -

angkulet.com/2012/…

write to the places that you like. (Taiyo - on caalan beach is a very good place as their rooms are HUGE - we stayed in a room which had 2 large beds and 1 single bed - 2 rooms - powerful aircon, next to beach, cost 2500 pesos. The owner is a sweet and kind old Japanese lady. They throw in many things free like trike pick up and drop. They also often run the generator when there is no electricity if they are operating their laundry. Electricity in El Nido during black out is a luxury!.)

3) Tour package? Do you mean PP - El Nido - PP? I doubt - since PP-El Nido takes 8 hours, island hopping trips only leave early morning 8-10 am. and the island hopping takes half to full day.

4) El Nido to PP - last trip of roro bus is at 10 pm. Mini vans do not have a printed schedule.

5) Fare - Nearly the same. If I remember right, I paid 650 pesos per head in roro bus air con. MH can tell you the exact fare for van

Davao City...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: camping package El Nido, price/recommendations?

Thanks for your quick response.. It really help me alot and sorry for so many questions cause we wanted to have it budget trip...

well regarding tour package.

we wanted to have island hopping in el nido.. how much would it cost? is there a promo package?

Edited: 17 January 2014, 13:00
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: camping package El Nido, price/recommendations?

Try to contact midnight sun tour. I received their quatation for 2day island hooping n one overnight camping which includes tent, mattress n a kayak for your own use.

Davao City...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: camping package El Nido, price/recommendations?

thanks johnathan for your help...

9. Re: camping package El Nido, price/recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2014, 12:59
Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: camping package El Nido, price/recommendations?

Hi, there is a lady called Becky Cea who used to run a Restaurant in El Nido called The Alternative Inn, and she has just launched her new website for her other business in El Nido offering Exclusive private Beach Accommodation to tourists at 2 of her privately owned beaches that are located on the main headland between Snake Island and Cudugnon Cave in Bacuit Bay (Tabunon and Burot Beaches)

Becky has 2 brothers (Apo and Levi Casi) who run a business known as "The Alternative Camping" and they do Island Hopping and private Camping Tours around the Islands near El Nido, and as far away as Coron and down to Port Barton if the conditions are right.

There is no mention yet of the Camping trips in her website, i believe she will add this later on, but i am familiar with this Camping business because i did meet the Casi Brothers (Apo and Levi) who dropped in to see their other brother "Israel Casi" while we was on a visit to Cudugnon Cave, and Apo explained all the facts and details with me and my wife, and offered me their personal contact details on a piece of paper, however you will need to contact Becky thru her new website and ask her about the Camping tours, and see what she can do.

http://thealternativebeachcottages.com/

You can read some article about the family in this link

legalnomads.com/2009/06/palawan-paradise-par…

You can see "Apo Casi" in the 3rd photo in this link.

20yearshence.com/100-a-day-in-the-philippine…

If you would prefer to stay for a few nights in a small Nipa Hut style cottage at one of the Beaches, then Becky also owns the top portion of the Beach at Cudugnon Cave, which also has 2 small Cottages available to hire there as well, which you can also ask her about in her website.

Just to give you an idea of what the 2 cottages are like, you can see them in the Cudugnon Caves video on page 3 of my El Nido Video Portfolio in the following link, as well as some video of my wife and i talking to Israel Casi (Becky Cea's other brother) who is the Caretaker of the Beach at Cudugnon Cave for his sister.

http://vimeopro.com/user15365810/el-nido-2014

I hope this info will be of some help to you.

I think i recall Apo Casi telling me that they supply all the camping gear needed, but just check anyway.

Cheers

Edited: 13 December 2014, 08:36