We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EL Nido Hostel

England
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
EL Nido Hostel

Hi,

I posted a genuine question yesterday but because of TA rules it was taken off. Im hoping to stay at a hostel called our melting pot in El Nido but seems like it hasn't opened yet.

I was hoping if anyone knew any news on this place as there are no reviews as it seems like it hasn't opened for business yet.

Also, if someone can tell me if its located in a descent location?

Many Thanks

located adjacent to the local Tourism Office and the Municipal/Town Hall, built with high-ceiling rooms in traditional Filipino design and with an expansive roof top that is perfect if you just want to chill out and relax.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EL Nido Hostel

Harsh,

Why not ask Melting Pot Makati if it is open and so on? They would know best about it. You are aware of them after all.

Your question sounded like an ad which is why it was taken down. I am an advocate for more freedom in this forum but have to say that was too adlike even for me.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EL Nido Hostel

Just read your post again. The 2nd half sounds like an ad. Again.

England
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: EL Nido Hostel

the bottom part is what I got from hostel booking websites as I thought it might help the TA members understand roughly where the hostel would be located.

England
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: EL Nido Hostel

Good idea, I will contact melting pot itself as I believe they have an active hostel running in Manila.

Thanks

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EL Nido Hostel

You are welcome. ;)

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,858 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EL Nido Hostel

@ Harsh

I cannot find any mention of the place in El Nido even in Our Melting Pot Makati's website - www.cheapaccommodationinmanila.blogspot.com/ or tehri FB page (which seems more updated) - https:/…255532371157983

I suggest you send an email to them on ourmeltingpotbackpackers@gmail.com

Do ask them to send you photos of their El Nido accommodation. After that, ask them for their address (street name and area should be sufficient) and you can ask this question from TA users. We will all be glad to help - we always like to know about new establishments :)

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
10 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EL Nido Hostel

I just found it on Hostelworld's website (hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/…).

There are not any reviews yet. But it has information that may be helpful to you Harsh

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,858 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: EL Nido Hostel

@ Super / Harsh

Seems to be artists impressions shown in hostelworld. And Nil reviews.

If I were you, I would go for a place whose real time photos I can see.

Here are 2 blogs which will help you choose a place to stay

…blogspot.com/2013/04/room-hunting-adventure…

angkulet.com/2012/…

England
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: EL Nido Hostel

@ YouLiveOnlyOnce

The links are great in regards to the accommodation. In the end we booked through hostelworld and took the risk.

I did receive this information when i emailed them

Our website doesn't include yet information about our newest site located in El Nido. And it is correct to say that there are no reviews yet because our first guests would be welcomed starting Jan. 26, which is our soft opening date. The live date of the property will be in the first week of February.

For your appreciation, the OMP El Nido hostel is located near the Municipal Hall and the tourism office. click on this link for the exact directions.

We hope to see you then when this new site is ready for business. In the meantime, you can arrange your booking directly with us through this email address < omp.elnido@gmail.com >.

Enjoy your travels!

Cheers,

Rhys

Guest Relations

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,858 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: EL Nido Hostel

@ Harsh

It is good that you received their email - the area mentioned is right in teh middle of the busy market place of El Nido - it is 3 minute walk from El Nido's beach and within 10 minutes walk from Art cafe, alnd all the restaurants, etc. listed on TA

DO expect lots of backpackers in the vicinity, more white faces than Filipinos, a Thailand Ko Pha Ngan hangover and busy streets

DO NOT expect this area to be peaceful / without people (though it is not too noisy either)

I expect that you must have chosen to book here due to a budget rate (500 pesos per night-ish?) in which case it is ok.

On this page - angkulet.com/wp-content/…elnido11.jpg - it will be located around "right in the middle of the town - where all the action is" - a bit before the corner of Calle real and Abdulla street (you can see that on google maps) - just behind marina garden / Ogies shown here - angkulet.com/2012/…1