We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far in advance to book a shuttle van to El Nido?

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
How far in advance to book a shuttle van to El Nido?

Hi there, I am thinking of booking the 600php shuttle van from Puerto Princesa to El Nido in early February. Does this have to be booked far in advance or is one-two days before okay?

Likewise, I will take the boat to Coron, should I book a week or so in advance once I get to El Nido?

Thanks for your time

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far in advance to book a shuttle van to El Nido?

For van, I can't remember if there is a way to pre-book unless you book through agency.

There is a number here,

I do not recommend travelling in their vans which I think they have a very low respect for safety.

Have you tried Palawan Daytripper?

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How far in advance to book a shuttle van to El Nido?

Just did the trip earlier this month, you book when you get there a day before. Plenty of operators in PP offering the trip for same price. We went with Lexus on way to El Nido and another company return but Lexus vehicle was by far the more comfortable and roomier. Same in El Nido for return journey virtually every tour operator and street kiosk vendor can sell you a space on the vans which are people carriers. The RoRo bus also operates and would probably be more comfortable but would take longer. Six hours is long enough in the Lexus and be prepared for a pretty tiring journey given road is dirt track for last leg from TayTay to El Nido. Cant comment on the boat ride to Coron, we didn't have time to visit Coron but having looked at TA forums the general consensus is the 8hr boat journey is not for the faint hearted or risk averse. Please make sure you visit Nacpan Beach north of El Nido, about 40mins on a motorcyle, it is probably one of the best beaches I have ever been to and the food at the beach shacks was delicious. Only downside is you wont want to return to El Nido beach!

Pasadena, California
Level Contributor
23 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far in advance to book a shuttle van to El Nido?

Will be in El Nido in March, but already booked for a van ride with Daytripper van. That's the trip from PPS to EN. No confirmation on the trip back though. Yes you may, just go their website.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far in advance to book a shuttle van to El Nido?

Regarding the van booking.. Yeah you can have a reservation on a van going to el nido but make sure to get a receipt so you have the prof of reservations. Everything can be done a month before you go their. Because it's your choice.. If you want to be worry free on your vacation then I suggest you do it now if you can.. Why wait for later.right? Just asked your designated hotel to help you all about what you needed.. I'm sure they will give you a hand..

And if you are their already.. Just asked a little review on everything in the front desk just to make it more sure.

5. Re: How far in advance to book a shuttle van to El Nido?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2015, 05:20