We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Beach Cottage - El Nido

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
293 posts
Save Topic
Best Beach Cottage - El Nido

Me Again,

I read up on all the Beach cottages in El Nido. They all look so good. Can anybody recommend their favorite cottage? Our budget is +-P1000/room

TIA

makati
Level Contributor
63 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Beach Cottage - El Nido

I prefer hotels away from the town like stunning vista or double gem although double gem (php2000+) is not a beach front hotel as you have to cross the road to reach the beach. Whereas in stunning vista, it is a beach front hotel. Those hotels near the town and at the beach front are a little crowded and noisy.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
293 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Beach Cottage - El Nido

Great , thanks for your time

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,858 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Beach Cottage - El Nido

@ Uku

Unfortunately, for 1000P, you will not get decent accom in El Nido (El Nido is overpriced as comapred to the rest of Phils) - however, you can get backpacker rooms for 650P upwards in El Nido town.

The operative word here is decent. (which for me means having electricity, soft bed, attached clean bath and a room cool enough to sleep in)

For1500P, Taiyo will be able to offer you a cottage.

Hoppo campe (Caalan) and a few resorts at Corong Corong have value rooms for 1500 P. Most of them do not have electricity during the day (6 am to 2 pm) and may not have a view of the beach 9but will all be 2-5 minutes walking distance from the beach, viz. expect to spend most of your time outdoors - which would usually be good in a seaside destination, except that it is too darn hot and stuffy in El Nido, sans winds).

My advice -

1) Increase your budget to 2500 pesos and you will be able to choose more and better places to stay (do not bother to book in advance - itis easy to get rooms - just walk in - this allows you to physically evaluate the resort rooms... believe me, they all look different fro their websites)

or

2) Be prepared to get okay rooms (not cottages) for the budget you have mentioned

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,858 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Beach Cottage - El Nido

@ Uku

I just found this - Marina garden beach front Inn - 780 P/night (fan room)

It is right in the middle of El Nido town and beach.

Website - http://www.mgelnido.com/

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,393 posts
1,661 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Beach Cottage - El Nido

@YLOO I have seen this place and it is well located.

Tommo

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
293 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Beach Cottage - El Nido

Fantastic, thanks once again for your time and effort

7. Re: Best Beach Cottage - El Nido

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 05:15