We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Princessa Airport to El Nido and back.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
453 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto Princessa Airport to El Nido and back.

This forum has many questions regarding the transport between PPS and El Nido. So I thought of writing about my experience hoping it will help future travelers.

My flight from Cebu arrived Puerto Princessa at 11:43 AM. My bag was one of the first few that came on baggage claim belt. When I exited the baggage claim area, I came across a lady offering information and van service to EN. I told her that I wanted to take the bus.

After leaving the terminal, I turned right and saw tricycles waiting across the street. I was on a tricycle at 12:10 PM. Arrived at San Jose bus station at about 12:25 PM.

Paid 150 Pessos (125 for fare and 25 for tip) to the tricycle driver.

Cherry Bus had an A/C bus leaving at 1:00 PM. Put my bags in the luggage compartment under the bus and boarded the bus. Found an empty seat on right side and sat. Left my carry on bag there and went down to buy some snack items. Some vendors came on the bus selling food and other items. The conductor came and I paid 480 Pesos. He gave me the ticket.

The bus had WiFi and a TV. Played some music and later on a movie starring Chuck Norris! WiFi worked well when the bus was stopped. During the travel, it was bit on and off. The seat was comfortable and A/C was good.

We departed at 1:00 PM sharp. We made two stops for food and rest rooms. But numerous stops for picking up and dropping off the passengers throughout. Last couple of hours before arriving at EN, there were several lengths of unpaved roads. The ride was bit bumpy on these unpaved roads.

One lady who boarded the bus on one the stops, sat on the isle seat next to me for an hour and then she dropped off. Rest of the time I had the seat all by myself.

By the way, during one of the stops, I had an opportunity to look inside the Ro Ro Bus whose interior seemed to be nicer than that of Cherry Bus.

We arrived at the EN bus station at 7:20 PM. So it took exactly 6:20 Hours for the trip on the bus. Took the tricycle to the town to my hotel. Paid 50 Pesos. About 7-8 minutes perhaps.

Next day while walking on Real Street, I saw a shop which was the booking office for Eulen Joy Van Service. I talked to the lady there and asked how much to PP Airport and how long it takes by your van to PP. She told me 500 Pesos and told me that they will take me to the airport. I asked her if she had a seat plan which she showed me. I chose seat number 8 which is in third raw on the right side with no seat in front. I paid her and she gave me a voucher on which she wrote EL NIDO Bus Station to PP Airport and also mentioned seat number 8. The departure time was 9:00 AM. She told me to be at the bust stop at 8:30 AM.

On the day of departure, I took the tricycle to the EN bus station for 50 Pesos and arrived at 8:30 AM. They stuffed the small bags wherever they could in the van. The big ones were on the roof of the van with tarp covering them.

I sat on my reserved seat number 8 and saw a fold down seat in front of mine in raw 2. Sure enough they seated some one on this seat. Remember the seat plan did not show this extra seat. I felt cheated. Total of 14 passengers were on board. Seats were narrow too.

We departed at 9:07 AM. The van was going at good speed. With my long legs, I was very uncomfortable. It was quite bumpy on unpaved segment of the road near EN. We made one short stop for rest room and then a 20 minute stop for food.

We arrived at San Jose Bus Stop in PP at 1:55 PM. So it took us 4:48 Hr. from EN to San Jose Bus station !!

After dropping off the passengers at San Jose Bus Stop, we headed towards the airport. After a couple of stops, we arrived at what seemed to be where Eulen Joy keeps their vans near airport.

Some passengers got off. One couple and my self were supposed to be dropped off at the airport. When we asked the driver he points his finger to the left and said that is where the airport is. All we could see some trees and a building which was not the airport. We told him that our ticket was for drop off at the airport and he should do it. He got angry and told us to get into the van. Our bags were brought from the roof and placed in the van. He drove us to airport clearly showing his anger jerking the van into gears and stopped abruptly when we arrived in the front of the airport. My "Thank You" had no response from the driver.

I flew to Manila that day and next morning I departed from Manila International Airport.

Throughout my stay in Philippines, I found people very friendly, courteous, polite and always helpful with smile. I wish I could say the same for that driver of Eulen Joy!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Princessa Airport to El Nido and back.

Be glad that you took the Eulen Joy van and survived!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,220 posts
1,652 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Princessa Airport to El Nido and back.

Thanks Midcap for sharing. I usedthe Roro Bus both ways and was very happy with their transport service. Next time though I will consider 1 way via ITI Airlines and 1 way via PP.

Im with MH as Eulen Joy they dont get very good reports on this forum and the buses I saw in Palawan were not in the best condition and they travel at great speed.

Tommo

Edited: 25 June 2014, 04:29
Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,844 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Princessa Airport to El Nido and back.

@ Midcap

Thanks for the excellent and informative review of Cherry bus and Eulenjoy.

4. Re: Puerto Princessa Airport to El Nido and back.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 07:16