We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From El Nido to Puerto Princesa

Kuala Lumpur...
8 posts
Save Topic
From El Nido to Puerto Princesa

Our flight from Puerto Princesa to Manila is at 11:50am, which means we have to leave El Nido at around 4am to make the flight. I was wondering if there were any private vans I can hire for the trip from El Nido to PP? I found that there was a non-aircond Roro bus which leaves at 4am - any other options? Welcome suggestions.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
25,298 posts
2,048 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From El Nido to Puerto Princesa

Stay in PP the night before your flight. Any breakdowns delays etc will cause you to miss your flight.

Leaving at 4am leaves little margin for error.

Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,286 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From El Nido to Puerto Princesa

@ Eve

I second Tommo's suggestion. Transport El Nido - Puerto is still rather restricted in it's frequency. Yes - you CAN book a private van when you reach El Nido, it will take you 5-6 hours, but costs around 8 to 10,000 pesos per trip.

Staying overnight at Puerto will be cheaper!

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,050 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From El Nido to Puerto Princesa

We flew from Manila on a 4.30am flight that arrived in Puerto Princesa at 5.45am and had a Daytripper van booking for 9.30am that same morning to take us to El Nido.

If our flight had been delayed by more than 3 hours we would not have made our pickup with Daytripper, but we did have the option of going by bus using RoRo because they depart every 2 hours from 4am till 10pm, so our option had a backup plan that would have got us to El Nido that same day anyway, so it was worth the risk.

However, when you are flying out of Puerto Princesa on a flight that departs prior to 6pm and you are in El Nido, your chances of making it back in time are slim, unless you hire a private van, which will be quicker than a bus, but in your case, your only option is private van, a 4am RoRo bus wont make it back on time, and if you still want to stay that last night in EN, i would be leaving EN at midnight just in case of any setbacks during your drive.

How come you cannot leave EN late in the afternoon or early evening the night before your flight leaves, why not finish what you are doing on your last day in EN, pack up and leave by bus and stay in Puero Princesa, then your accommodation costs from that night in EN can be used in Puerto Princesa.

The thing to remember here is if you insist on departing EN the same day you fly out of PP, make your flight as late as possible, preferably in the evening, to give yourself a better chance of making it, but like many have said before, it is well advisable to stay the night before your flight in PP.

Also, if you are flying into PP and you want to get to EN that same day, and get there at a respectable time, be sure to pick the earliest possible flight you can get from your destination (like we did) to have the best chance of getting a bus or van from PP and arriving at EN at a reasonable time, the later you arrive in PP the later you arrive in EN, and there is nothing worse than arriving at a destination after dark.

Kuala Lumpur...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: From El Nido to Puerto Princesa

Thanks for your suggestions guys. I think we will be staying at Puerto for the last night.

5. Re: From El Nido to Puerto Princesa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 05:17
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor