We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can I book an underground river tour?

Which Puerto Princesa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How can I book an underground river tour?

Is there a company I can book the underground river tour through directly and how much would it be roughly?

Also, where is the rainforest? I believe it's in El Nido in which case I would like to book this tour too.

Last question: How easy is it to get a transfer from PP to my hotel, are there taxis outside or do I need to prebook?

Thank you very much!

UK
Level Contributor
289 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How can I book an underground river tour?

hello single tavels

Your email is hard to answer as you haven't provided enough info, but I'll try to help:

'Is there a company I can book the underground river tour through directly and how much would it be roughly?'

- any hotel in Puerto will sort it out for you, nice and easy. It will be less than 1000p

'Also, where is the rainforest? I believe it's in El Nido in which case I would like to book this tour too'

- which rainforest? Not in El Nido, perhaps Port Barton is what you're after? If you're in el nido, boat trips are handy and very scenic

'Last question: How easy is it to get a transfer from PP to my hotel, are there taxis outside or do I need to prebook?'

- you haven't said where your hotel is! If you are staying in PP get a trike. If you're staying in el nido get a mini van.

Just a comment, when planning your journey, remember that distances on a map are hard to judge. The roads in Palawan are variable in quality and journey times can be unreliable, especially by bus!

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How can I book an underground river tour?

It is easy to get a transfer from PP (airport, i assume) to your hotel. There are no taxis, but motorcycle-driven-carriage (known locally as tricycle).

Im not sure about rainforest but ElNido is an 8-10 hr drive by public bus transport. I personally have not heard about that tour.

enquire with your hotel for underground river tour. roughly its 1200-1700 php depending on your negotiation skill.

Edited: 22 December 2009, 17:27
cebu
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How can I book an underground river tour?

went to palawan just early this year,February to be exact and we had our underground river tour for P1500.you wont have any problem booking for the said tour,as they said you can book at your hotel.in our case the tricycle driver hook us up before dropping us to our hotel.

rain forest in elnido-havent heard of it at all.elnido is all rock.if there's a forest there,i miss it.

no taxi in PP,just weird looking but cool motorcycle.only in the Philippines:-)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,673 posts
1,968 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How can I book an underground river tour?

I agree with the above comments: one further aspect is that like most places of any note in the Philippines, there will be touts at PP airport who may 'swoop' upon you and ask if you'd like a tour - or the trike driver may do this.

Some touts may have brochures, but as suggested it's easy to arrange a tour to Sabang for the underground river once you are at your accommodation if you prefer that.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How can I book an underground river tour?

..hi singletravels... there is a Tourism Office at PPS airport.. they can provide you with tour info & brochures of various tour operators to choose from.. your hotel must also have a selected tour operator to provide you with the service..

preboooking a transfer is not necessary except if your accommodation is far from the city or you want a smooth pick-up / drop off service.. without wasting time.

enjoy and have a safe trip!!

6. Re: How can I book an underground river tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Princesa