We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private car to El Nido or Sabang from PP on September 20??

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Private car to El Nido or Sabang from PP on September 20??

Arriving in Puerto Princesa on Sept 20 at around 1 PM. It appears that it will be too late to catch a bus or van to Sabang or El Nido. Would anyone be interested in sharing the cost for a private car from Puerto Princesa to either Sabang or El Nido? We will only be there for about 5 days so I do not want to waste an entire day staying in PP.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,737 posts
1,719 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private car to El Nido or Sabang from PP on September 20??

Just for interest what is the cost of hiring a private car to El Nido?

Tommo

Puerto Princesa...
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private car to El Nido or Sabang from PP on September 20??

Tommo, I'm not sure if there is any private car to be hired. (the concept of a "taxi" is unknown here).

Give me a couple of days and I'll talk to someone who lives there and get suggestions.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,737 posts
1,719 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private car to El Nido or Sabang from PP on September 20??

Much appreciated Vetus.Great food for thought as it may give other options to travellers.Albeit more expensive.

Tommo

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private car to El Nido or Sabang from PP on September 20??

According to the El Nido Art Cafe website they have a private van for hire that can hold up to six passengers. One way from PP to El Nido for 8,000 pesos. This shared between two or three couples could be a good alternative to staying overnight in PP.

I was hoping maybe a few others might be interested in something like this. Appreciate anything else you might be able to find Vetus.

Manila
Level Contributor
641 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private car to El Nido or Sabang from PP on September 20??

Sounds fair...

Edited: 13 August 2011, 15:38
Puerto Princesa...
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private car to El Nido or Sabang from PP on September 20??

Sorry for the delay in my reply, there has been a local internet failure.

Watch this space........

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,737 posts
1,719 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private car to El Nido or Sabang from PP on September 20??

Cant wait for the next episode.lol.

Tommo

Puerto Princesa...
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private car to El Nido or Sabang from PP on September 20??

I've taken some local advice and have this for you:-

I visited the Puerto Princesa Tourist Office (who control all prices), and the "official" charge for a van to El Nido from Puerto is 12000 pesos. so if El Nido Art Cafe will do it for 8000 then that's clearly a good deal.

There may also be a "self drive" option. Pitstop Bike Adventure have among others a SWB and a regular Pajero, which I am told, they would pre-position at Hibiscus Garden Inn (close to the airport in Puerto Princesa) for pick up to drive to El Nido. You would need to check availability and cost direct with them at www.pitstopbikeadventure.com .

I should point out that the reason for the last bus from Puerto to El Nido being around 11 a.m. is that it more or less ensures that arrival in El Nido is before dark.

For a variety of reasons it is not a good idea to be travelling after dark, indeed most expats here consider it a total no-no unless in an emergency.

So if your arrival in Puerto Princesa is around 1 pm, it's unlikely that you will make it to El Nido in daylight. (Those familiar with the road can do it in 4.5 hours, but it's necessary to add in some time in case of flat tyre, or to take a short rest).

Perhaps it would be better to stay somewhere in Puerto that will allow an early departure next morning.

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Private car to El Nido or Sabang from PP on September 20??

Good info, thank you.

Puerto Princesa...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Private car to El Nido or Sabang from PP on September 20??

hi cristian, my name is michelle and i would recommend you to get a private van from puerto princesa to sabang. I could recommend you some if you want. thanks

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Princesa