We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Manila - Puerta Princesa

Taipei
3 posts
Save Topic
Ferry from Manila - Puerta Princesa

Hey travellers!

I know things are quite bad at the phils right now but cancelling my trip there wont help either.

Concerning my question, I have done some research already but things seem to change all the time and I hope to find some recent and valid infos here!

I will arrive in Manila on the 18th Dec and wana leave for Palawan a few days later. As Im not in a hurry I had the idea to take a ferry from Manila to Puerta Princessa. The first reaction of others was "are you crazy, why would you wana do that etc." but I just thought I wana experience that way of travelling aswell.

So has anyone done this trip before? Which ferry company should I take? (I heard that I should stick to the big companies as the small ones are more likely to be unsafe). And are the conditions survivable for a non-experienced ferry rider?

Or do you also agree that its a stupid idea and I should better take a plane?

Thanks for every piece of help I get ;)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,315 posts
1,907 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Manila - Puerta Princesa

My preference is to get to my destination as soon as possible.

However if you prefer this mode of travel Travel 2 Go offers this trip and are reputable. You can book a suite to make the journey more comfortable.

travel.2go.com.ph/Schedules/schedules.asp

Tommo

Moreton Bay Region...
Level Contributor
2 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Manila - Puerta Princesa

Sometimes the plane is cheaper. My ticket with zest air was $15. I would take a plane and use a ferry for a much shorter trip to see another island

Taipei
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Manila - Puerta Princesa

Its really not about the money...its just that I always take planes and I expect some more adventure at a 28h ferry across the philippines :) But thx for the help! The ferry unfortunately only leaves once a week and its not really according to my shedule ...so I maybe try to find other operators.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,102 posts
2,068 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry from Manila - Puerta Princesa

2 Go Travel is an excellent ferry operator.

If you do travel with it in the future, try to get a suite if you can afford it - quite reasonably priced - typically P3600 for two in total for a 24 hour trip such as Manila to Cebu. The suites are nicely appointed. Food is fairly basic but you won't be sick.

Tyler, Texas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry from Manila - Puerta Princesa

Did you say you just pay $15 for the air fare, we check Philippine airline and it would cost us over $130 round trip for two person. We plan to visit in march, I just wonder if it is easy book a flight?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry from Manila - Puerta Princesa

You will need to purchase it during promo or those P1 fare.

Puerto Princesa has been made famous as it is a gateway to the Underground River. So their fare is quite high most of the times.

7. Re: Ferry from Manila - Puerta Princesa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Princesa