We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Joining Undergound River tour

Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Joining Undergound River tour

We will be in Puerto Princesa the first week of Feb and wanted to know if I should try to book a tour for the Undergound River before we get there or should try to find one now. any recommendation? Thanks.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,015 posts
1,835 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Joining Undergound River tour

Ask your hotel to organise and there are limited spaces.

Otherwise book via the online system if is working.

Tommo

2. Re: Joining Undergound River tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 18:35
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Joining Undergound River tour

Thank you both for your responses. Ii've checked two tour agency (by googling) and they said that they are already full till the first week of March. Makes us worried that we might not be able to go to the Undergound River if we dont make a reservation before we get there.

I'll try to call our hotel and see if they can recommend any.. or If anyone have any recommendation.. Thank you.

Maroochydore...
Level Contributor
490 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Joining Undergound River tour

Hello,

i was there last week.

I chose to stay in Sabang, and really enjoyed it.

We were only there for 2 nights and went specifically for the underground river.

I went to the pier on the day i arrived, which was the day before i wanted to do the tour

There is a sign that says you must book in by 2pm for the following days tour, which i did.

i went back the next morning at an agreed time, paid my money and got my tickets.

Very easy.

You need to show passports for everyone who is doing the tour.

All trips to the river for the next 2 days after we did the tour were closed down by the coast guard as the waves were too big for the bankas to go.

Brett

Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Joining Undergound River tour

Thank you su much for the information. If I dont get a tour set up before we leave Manila, we'll go straight to Sabang.

Puerto Princesa
Level Contributor
74 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Joining Undergound River tour

Most of the people are taking a day tour from Puerto Princesa including Transport, Entrance permits EP, Lunch, guide, bangka. In peak season, it is better to ask your hotel or B&B to reserve the tour on your preferred day because there are limited slots per day and the Travel & Tours operators have better connection.

You have slots reserved for TTO & for Walk-in but if all TTO slots are already taken, some TTO will go to Coliseum in the morning with their guests to get the walk-in permits.

So better to get EP at least 2 weeks in advance.

Joel of Balay Tuko

7. Re: Joining Undergound River tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Princesa