We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about the Boats for the Underground River

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
420 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
Question about the Boats for the Underground River

Before booking a tour, I have a question about the boats. Is it easy to get into and out of the boats? I am in my mid 70s - in good shape - except my balance is poor. Will I have difficulty getting in and out of the boats?

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,822 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about the Boats for the Underground River

If you are in good shape then you will have no problem getting in and out of the small boat. Many also would be more than happy to assist senior citizens or small children.

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
420 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about the Boats for the Underground River

Thanks Kegler 747. We will book the tour.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,027 posts
2,061 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about the Boats for the Underground River

As everywhere in Philippines, the boatmen (and in this case other passengers) are very helpful.

It might further assist if you were second to join. That way when you get in you can 'balance' the boat with the other passenger. Make sure you 'look' a bit startled or wobbly on your feet to give the boatman the message that you need his (and perhaps someone else's as well) hand.

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
420 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about the Boats for the Underground River

Thanks for the added advice Victorianlad. I'm not that wobbly - I just lose my balance easily. I will definitely ask for the boatman's help.

Quezon City
Level Contributor
3 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about the Boats for the Underground River

My friend's more than 250 pounds with bad knees and he did just fine. you ll be okay. yes the boatmen were a helpful lot

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
420 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about the Boats for the Underground River

Thanks again for all of your advice. Since we will be arriving in Puerto Princesa by cruise ship, I would like to arrange a small group (6 - 8 people) private tour from the cruise port to the underground river and returning to port. I would appreciate a suggestion for a "dependable" tour agency in Puerto Princesa.

Again, thank you so much for your help.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,822 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question about the Boats for the Underground River

Arrange that tour with your cruise ship as during that day they will prioritize guests from the ship as agreed with the local government. If you go with a different tour provider then you will be the last in queue.

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
420 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question about the Boats for the Underground River

Wow! The cruise ship charges $129 US per person. We were hoping to arrange the tour on our own, since it would be so much cheaper. Thanks for the advice.

Puerto Princesa City
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Question about the Boats for the Underground River

the expertise of the tour provider is the best one also to arrange the tour since they much known the best way on how to be a successful travelers.

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
420 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Question about the Boats for the Underground River

I did sign us up for the ship tour based on kegler747's advice. Thanks for everyone's help.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Princesa