We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions on itinerary

Chicago
13 posts
Save Topic
suggestions on itinerary

Hello everyone, planning a trip is exciting but never decide to go on a big trip within a month unless u want to drive yourself crazy like I am right now. lol.

I have completed my itinerary and will visit:

Visayas: Boracay and Negros= 6 days

Mindoro: Sabang and Pueto Galera= 5 days

Luzon: Banaue, Sagada and Kabayan= 6 days

Manila= 2 days

Do my time frames seem right? Are there any obvious suggestions for places I should add, delete or switch?

thx

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestions on itinerary

Sounds like a full schedule. Of course this again is a opinion question, so you ask, I would say

Bohol : For a day trip only. You would enjoy the scenery. Not sure where to fit that between..... surely while you are in the viayas region before going to Luzon...

Now just what i have heard, maybe someone with more expertise can help. But i am thinking Boracay and Pueto Galera are about the same theme. So you might want to check into that.

I cant really give a comment on the other places... I am sure they all have something special about them......

I would say Cebu is a must stop anytime your in the Philippines...

All your times look ok, Except the Manila two days... That might be mostly layovers and plane exchanges time. According to what time your arrival and departure..... Might not get to see alot there....

Be careful with your transportation schedules. Some places will require boats or ferrys. Sometimes they run only on certain times. Something to think about when doing your scheduling... Hope this helps some... Good luck and have fun.....

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,233 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestions on itinerary

You have posted this in the Visayas Forums.

The obvious places in the Visayas you have missed, but will not have time to see based on your itinery, are Bohol, Siquijor and Cebu. And near the Visayas, Camiguin island.

To make your travel time work for you, maybe you could land in Cebu instead of Manila and do the Visayas this trip and the rest on another trip.

Regards; Jim

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,923 posts
1,999 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestions on itinerary

Yes, I agree with Big Jim that if at all possible, Cebu is an uncomplicated, pleasant entry and exit point for the Philippines. It is fast and relatively uncrowded compared with the elderly Terminal 1 at NAIA Manila.

The availability of domestic air connections has improved dramatically in the last 15 years, thanks largely to some innovative thinking by Cebu Pacific.

Ferries can be a good option for at least one overnight in your trip: for instance, travel on SuperFerries between Cebu and Manila in a stateroom for about P3500 and then take a bus to North Luzon (Baguio or beyond).

Don't forget that some buses from Manila to Baguio now leave from Newport City's Transport Terminal, opposite Cebu Pacific's Terminal 3. I have stayed at the Marriott, but did not observe these buses.

4. Re: suggestions on itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2010, 08:15