We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biliran

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Biliran

Hi!

I just want you guys to try Biliran. I think there some good beaches there similar to that of Boracay or Panglao.

So, when I get home to Leyte next time, I will visit the place. If there are any people out there wanting to try, you can contact me thru email: marletbadeo@yahoo.com for accommodation arrangement in Naval.

Thanks.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Biliran

Where is Biliran? I've seen the beaches in Baybay, is it close to Baybay? I think Leyte as a tourist spot has very good potential. Beautiful province. I love the island feel to it.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Biliran

Hi!

Biliran is formerly a sub-province of Leyte. It became independent in late 1980s. It used to be the sixth congressional district of Leyte.

It is located in the northern side of Leyte. Can be reach thru Leyte, Leyte. A bridge conncects Biliran to Leyte. It has 8 towns blessed with beautiful white sand beaches.

Buses ply the Tacloban-Naval route daily. There are plenty of jeepneys available in Tacloban going to the different towns of Biliran.

If the infrastructures will be fully developed, tourists will flock to this province as an alternative to Boracay, Panglao or Camiguin.

Among the beautiful islands are Sambawan, Dalutan and Higatangan. In Naval alone, you can experience the amazing sunset even better than Manila Bay sunset.

Melbourne
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Biliran

If you want somewhere to stay while in Biliran, try Agta Beach.

www.agtabeach.com

Regards,

Darren

murrieta, california
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Biliran

i look forward to one day living somewhere in Biliran island. a marvelous place. ohhh, what a place.

bernie cabrales

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Biliran

hi payapaz!

are you from the philippines as your name suggest?

murrieta, california
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Biliran

yes i am proudly from P.I, i have a brother who married a lovely girl

from the town of biliran. and he became a member of the city council.

i was just there this january. it was great and we even went to agta

beach, and we had it for my whole family for a few hours. it was

great times. thank you.