We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

roro schedules and rates

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
roro schedules and rates

where is the best place to find current rates and what is the cheapest route from negros to leyte and also mindanao

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,604 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: roro schedules and rates

As far as I am aware, there are no boats that travel from any point on Negros direct to any point on Leyte. However, there are a whole bunch of options via Cebu. Give me an idea where you are travelling from and to and I will give you my thoughts on the cheapest way.

Do you mean you want to go from Negros to Mindanao or Leyte to Mindanao

Regardless,

Here is my list of transport companies operating in the Philippines.

bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/…20links.htm

You can use it to check individual shipping websites. There is also a couple of links to boat schedule websites.

Regards: Jim

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: roro schedules and rates

thanks, it looks like it would be best to use escalante-tabeulan and then bogo to palompon to avoid the city, but still no info on prices

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,604 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: roro schedules and rates

Never done escalante-tabeulan so can't give schedule or price for it but I can for Bogo Palompon.

Bogo Palompon RORO is once per day. It departs Palompon every morning at 8am and arrives in Bogo about 10.30am. Then departs Bogo at 1.30pm and arrives Palompon about about 4pm

The rate is P200 in economy (sitting outside) and P300 for tourist (sitting inside with aircon).

Here is a video of the RORO

youtube.com/user/jimsibbick#p/u/3/W3Fo3RRMwXQ

In case there is any helpful information you can glean about travelling in Northern Cebu, here is my trip report from December

bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/blog/?p=81

Iligan, Philippines
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: roro schedules and rates

Hope you can send me thru e-mail roro rates and schedule from Matnog to allen for car/sedan and passenger rate as well. also for liloan to lapitan. been searching the net and have only partial information. please send to reladio2001@gmail.com. This would be a big help. where can we stay also in Tacloban, surigao and legazpi?

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,604 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: roro schedules and rates

Sorry, I don't have information for Allen Matnog.

I presume you mean Lipata, not Lapitan.

I have travelled from Liloan to Lipata. If you search for Lipata, you may do better

Here is the schedule according to schedule.ph

schedule.ph/boat/…Lipata

In Surigao City, I stayed at Firmas Lodging House but it would be too low class for most foreigners.

I have not stayed in Tacloban for many years however, I believe I would stay here next time

http://alejandro.tacloban.biz/

Never been to Legazpi

Koronadal...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: roro schedules and rates

hi can you send me thru email roro rates and sched from general santos to cebu or any available cheap routes from mindanao to cebu. with an suv rates as well. thanks in advance for the big help. pls send it to jnatamayo14@yahoo.com

Manila, Philippines
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: roro schedules and rates

Good day! Me and my friends are going to Boracay on August 15. Our flight back to Manila would be August 17. We are planning to extend our stay to August 19 and would choose to have RORO as our ride to Manila instead of plane. Our problem is, we don't know where to find the Terminal for this RORO. Please do reply, or also message me @ Facebook or via text 09162051444. Thanks!!! :)

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,196 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: roro schedules and rates

Roro leaves from Caticlan port.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: roro schedules and rates

DARJAYDIAZ -this isnt a travel agency -best to contact operator of roro

Manila, Philippines
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: roro schedules and rates

@ CLAREIRISHMAN, that is why i am asking... really don't know where to contact them :/