We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panglao island

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Panglao island

Hi I'm going to Cebu next week for one night and then to Panglao island for seven do you think I should cancel and go somewhere else ? Supposed to be staying at Bellevue hotel and have heard that had taken a hit so very concerned?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Panglao island

Panglao Island should be fine from what I read.

Best is to contact your hotel and ask for the status of the resort and area. The reports I have read does not have much mention about Panglao so I assume they are not too badly affected by the quake.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,984 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Panglao island

Just texted my usual driver on Bohol. He says that accessing Alona Beach from Tagbilaran is not an issue.

Just check with your hotel that everything is ok with them.

You are still going to have a beach holiday. You just won't be touring the sites on the Bohol interior. Or perhaps you could have a look around and repart back here what you find.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,841 posts
1,983 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Panglao island

There are some damaged roads on Bohol Island, but there is no indication yet of how much. One photo shows a marked break in a road with asphalt up a few centimetres in the air.

The epicentre was near Corella, Bohol which is the location of the Tarsier Foundation's great but fairly small sanctuary. I hope that it escaped unharmerd, although unfortunately the human toll from the earthquake is now 110 at a minimum.

Perhaps if you visit the tarsiers at Corella you could submit a formal TA review and also comment in the TA Philippines forum as you have above.

Philippines
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Panglao island

I follow this site for updates on the earthquake-related damages: earthquake-report.com/2013/…

The site recently posted an updated map on the roads and bridges that are passable. According to the report dated 20.10.13, "There are only 4 bridges now that are not passable. 2 roads – Loay Internal, and Tagbilaran North Road are also not usable but all others are in service."

This report from a local daily confirms that alternate routes for the countryside tours are being drawn up: sunstar.com.ph/cebu/business/2013/10/17/boho…

Although aftershocks continue to be felt, recovery is underway, however slowly.

5. Re: Panglao island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2014, 12:15