We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food in bohol

Davao City
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
food in bohol

just talked to a friend who went to bohol last year and she said that what makes the bohol trip expensive is the food and the tours. i understand the value of the tour. but i'm a bit worried about the food.

she told me that a breakfast meal of one fried egg, one small daing (salted fish? don't know the english translation) and a cup of rice costs P100. i really don't think a meal such as that would cost so much.

can anyone verify this? and can anyone give me names of eateries/restaurants that serve good food that's worth their cost? both cheap and slightly expensive restaurants will do. i just need to know where we can eat and how much the meals will be.

my friend also told me that drinking water is never given for free, not like in most restaurants here in davao. how much is a bottle of water?

thanks again to anyone who will reply! :)

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,945 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: food in bohol

Hello

You said you may stay at Bohol Tropics. I have never easten breakfast there but I notice their prices are now inclusive of breakfast.

All the places I have eaten at will provide "filtered" water for free. If you want to have bottled water, you will pay extra.

For the carenderies and cheap eats, just ask a trike driver.

Regards: Jim

sibbick61@yahoo.com.au

2. Re: food in bohol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2007, 03:27
Davao City
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: food in bohol

thanks for replying guys!

yeah, it's probably best to ask the locals where we can eat cheap. :)

Davao City
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: food in bohol

I surfed the internet for restaurants in panglao and found the virtualtourist site which had these:

1. Captain's Grille:

Pork Belly Sinigang: 60.00

Grilled Squid: 75.00

Chicken Tinola: 60.00

Grilled Liempo: 50.00

Shrimp Sinigang: 75.00

Grilled Pork Chop: 40.00

Chicken Barbecue: 40.00

Pork Barbecue: 30.00

Rice: 10.00

Softdrinks (litro): 25.00

2. Alona Tropical Resto

Chopseuy: 100.00

Pork Adobo: 120.00

Chicken Adobo: 110.00

Grilled Squid: 140.00

Rice: 20.00

Softdrinks (8oz): 20.00

3. Trudis

Grilled Pork Chop: 75.00

Chopseuy: 60.00

Softdrinks (litro): 25.00

4. Pizza Place

6 slices for Php190

Problem is, these prices were posted in late 2004 to early 2005. To anyone who's been in Panglao lately, is this still true? If not, how have the prices changed?

AND OFF-TOPIC:

We are also worrying about the cost of transportation.

Will it be cheaper to take a trike from Tagbilaran to Panglao or is a hired car or taxi better?

Also, from Mactan airport in Cebu to the Cebu harbor, how long will it take (maximum heavy traffic) and how much?

Thanks!

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,945 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: food in bohol

Hello

My longest trip from near the pier area to the Mactan airport was 2 hours. That is probably the longest it will take.

Normal daytime traffic is about 40 minutes.

Normal late night traffic is about 2O minutes.

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,945 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: food in bohol

I forgot the cost.

If you arrange a hire car at the airport, it should be about P350.

Standard rate in a metered taxi is about P150 but there is a cost of P2.5 per minute waiting time. So if it really does take you 2 hours, expect the meter to read about P400.

skibbereen co. cork...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: food in bohol

HI i have just returned from bohol/cebu 8weeks which i spent most time in bohol tagbilaran city Joebings restruant newly opened near plaza , bike or trike ride 6-10 peso , actually in walking distance from BQ Mall, meal good for two, i thought expensive at first glance, but once i had eaten well four of us relly good value 350peso food was excellent best i ate in bohol,

other places Bq mall food plaza pork abode 48peso shangi lumpia 7peso each rice 7-10 drinks 12-20 plus usal macdonalds which i admit i ate at once lol, cheers Declan

8. Re: food in bohol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Bohol Island