We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This will be our first visit to Alona beach bohol

Isle of Wight
4 posts
Save Topic
This will be our first visit to Alona beach bohol

Hi we are party of one adult&child filpino,one english adult,we visited boracay 2006 for a week which was fantastic,i was jet lagged and naive and got ripped off a few times,but hadnt heard of this site until i returned,so ive done lots of reading(vanilla bean you are very efficent and wonderfull)

we are arriving at manila with to visit family then have decided to fly to mainland port(ive forgot the name) then fly with phillipine airlines which i slightly cheaper than cebu airlines and they both fly twice a day to tagbilaran..not sure how we will get from there to alona probably taxi??is the best way..we have decided to just turn up book into somewhere for 3 days then look around for alternative place if we are not happy there..my partner wants to go to chocolate hills/loboc river from what i have read this is the countryside tour all in??? i want to go snorkelling or beginners diving so i guess this is from the beach to near another island?did i spot that snorkelling is no good at alona beach as i was going to buy snorkels for my partner and child?and the main question is ten days too long there or will it all roll into one..i see lots of people only have a short stay then move on..iam travelling from uk so have a budget and little knowledge of the beaches in that area as my partners wants white lol.can i really turn up and get sorted at that time of year mmm any advice/contacts of countryside tours etc appreciated i have a list of accomadation of trip advisor but recomendations welcomed my email is paulwellersdream@talktalk.net names chris,have emailed flower garden resort awaiting a reply..come on guys n gals is it only really one end of the beach>>>>the wide part with two resorts??id rather go to spain hahahahaha

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,461 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: This will be our first visit to Alona beach bohol

Hello Chris

I only replied because you are from the Isle of Wight!

My only interest in Panglao Island is the Hinagdanan cave, otherwise, I am very happy staying in Tagbilaran and visiting Panglao.

My usual trip time is 2 nights 3 days. I think 10 days would wear a bit thin, unless there is family on Bohol.

Where is your Asawa from? Maybe there is some interesting place near there that you can also visit?

Regards: Jim Sibbick

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
763 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: This will be our first visit to Alona beach bohol

Hi there,

First off, thanks for the compliment. I hope the info in my thread was helpful.

Second, I agree with BigJim -- 10 days might be a bit much to spend in Bohol. I would recommend 3-4 days in Panglao, then maybe you can take the ferry to Cebu or other areas and check out the sites there.

Enjoy!

Isle of Wight
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: This will be our first visit to Alona beach bohol

hello jim,vanilla,thanks for your reply..we are know going to stay in alona land it is in between banana land and amorita,i found a map layout of alona beach(it appears japanese/chinese but written in english and we are happy to jut be 5 mins from the beach,there is only one review on here,i have mailed the owner rolf&elsie who have replied with a vacancy,they have a good website and very good rates.

Flower garden was fully booked.

As for our length of stay my partner felt that our time in boracay,went so quick and we didnt get chance to relax,our budget is generally low so i have also got to watch the pennies!! My personal opinion is once you have done it and seen it then all is done..so i concour.

I could propose to my partner we stay and then island hop iam sure if we budget it would be possible,just have to be on an island with an airport before departure,here choice as we have a child to consider and my jet lag was bad last time!!

Thanks for your input,i spotted some nice beaches at the back of cebu and bantayan looks lovely see you got me thinking :-)

Isle of Wight
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: This will be our first visit to Alona beach bohol

Jim sorry what is asawa?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,461 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: This will be our first visit to Alona beach bohol

Asawa is wife.

For Cebu, cheap tourist places to consider with beaches are Moalboal, Bantayan island and Malapascua Island.

Regards: Jim Sibbick

Isle of Wight
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: This will be our first visit to Alona beach bohol

Thanks jim,my partners family are presently in manila,we travelled very far last time we visited 6 hours from manila in two trips.

pretty sure i know what we are doing know and i have told her what you and vanilla have said,let her decide for know..i will encourage regards chris.

7. Re: This will be our first visit to Alona beach bohol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 05:26
Get answers to your questions about Bohol Island