We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Makati hotels - need advise which one is better?

Hong Kong
6 posts
Save Topic
Makati hotels - need advise which one is better?

Hi there - am travelling to the Philippines with my mom who is 61 years old & we plan to stay in a hotel this time (cos everytime we go to Manila, we always stay in our cousin's place!). I already have 2 hotels in mind & both are very near to where I needed to go so it would really be appreciated if anyone can give me realistic advise on where to stay:

1. Makati Crown Regency Hotel - 1026 Arnaiz Avenue, Makati

OR

2. El Cielito Inn Makati

We're going there for a mixture of business/leisure so don't really know where. Although obviously the rates offered in El Cielito is cheaper but I really need to know which one is better cos both hotel sites do show very nice description & all....

thanks guys :)

Muntinlupa...
Level Contributor
37 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Makati hotels - need advise which one is better?

Both El Cielito and Crown Regency are on Arnaize Avenue (formerly Pasay Road); they are independently managed hotels, ideally situated near the shopping malls like Glorietta and Greenbelt Malls.

I think Crown Regency is newer and has better rooms, so if the price difference is too much, I would recommend Crown Regency better

Muntinlupa...
Level Contributor
37 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Makati hotels - need advise which one is better?

Sorry for the typo - I meant Arnaiz Avenue

I also meant if it price difference is not too much, then go for Crown Regency.

Enjoy!

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
763 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Makati hotels - need advise which one is better?

Crown Regency is closer to Glorietta while El Cielito is closer to Greenbelt. As the previous poster said, Crown Regency is newer so I think the rooms would be more comfortable there. You can also check out One Roman Suites (also on Arnaiz Ave. between the 2 hotels you mentioned) which is also new but less expensive than Crown Regency.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Makati hotels - need advise which one is better?

My relatives usually stay at Ascot Hotel (formerly Oakwood Hotel) because it is a nice place to stay in where they didn't have to worry about transportation and security concerns. It is within Ayala Center, specifically at Glorietta Mall complex so they only had to use the elevator to go shopping or eat at either fastfood or fancy restaurants. There is a medical facilty in the complex, and there's also a chapel.The hotel also offers shuttle service from/to the airport, and can refer you to reputable vehicles for hire if you'd like to go to other places. The place is very accessible so your relatives and you won't have a problem linking up for dates.

5. Re: Makati hotels - need advise which one is better?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 19:20
Get answers to your questions about Bohol Island