We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cebu Bohol 2N/3D

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Cebu Bohol 2N/3D

Hi,

I am looking to goto Cebu for 1D/1N and then Bohol 2D/1N diving, snorkelling, dolphin watching etc with a few friends. Is there any agency which will organize the whole tour including local transport for us? Or is it more advisable to do them separately and organize the local transport there itself?

Thanks!

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,332 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cebu Bohol 2N/3D

Welcome to the forums!

When will you travel to those places? You will use mostly taxi which is abundant in Cebu City. Ferries going to Tagbilaran, Bohol would not be a problem. It is just like going to Batam from your country, no need to book in advance (except during the Christmas and New Year season). Transportation from Tagbilaran City to your resort would be also by a taxi or your resort/hotel could provide you one.

Ask your resort/hotel in Bohol to book your diving and dolphin watching needs.

Edited: 01 August 2010, 15:54
Quezon City
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cebu Bohol 2N/3D

for the "arrange everything" types, i would suggest CebuTrip as I have been a constant user of their services before I became a Cebu resident. I still use them when I have visitors that I cannot personally attend to :) They can arrange everything as they have linked with service providers on Bohol. Their drivers in Cebu are much adept with tourist spots in the city including histories and trivia. Their links on Bohol though are not as excellent (drivers keep mum until you ask), thus, you may still need the more "pro" tour guides there.

I however have known outstanding tour guides on Bohol who are accredited by the tourism department. If you arrange with them, gosh they really know all the works around Bohol. And they might have contacts in Cebu too! Try Janice (+639194228903) or Michael (+639184484615), they're 2 of the best I can trust about everything Bohol.

The Cebu "official" tour-guides has an organization and they even have a website so try googling them up. And I am almost sure tour guides in both islands maintain contacts or business relationships.

The wonderful thing about dealing with these Department of Tourism accredited tour guides is that aside from being pro with details and data, they have a reputation to maintain as they could get dis-accredited if complaints are lodged. That means none would charge you ridiculous rates or cause you to be taken-advantage-of by unscrupulous folks while you are under their care. The most that will probably be near your thumbs-down is anyone of them taking you to a shop where they get commissions. Then again, your choice if you wanna go there or shop at all! I consider that a little help for their wonderful services though :)

Hope this opens up more options for you. Good luck and enjoy your travels!

Mandaluyong...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cebu Bohol 2N/3D

Hello!

I recommend that you get in touch with Aurora Travel & Tours to organize your trip to Cebu and Bohol.

Here's a link to their multiply site: http://auroratours.multiply.com/

And, here's some other contact information:

Telephone: 038-5010186; 038-4120287

Mobile no. +639214865418 or +639173200422

They will organize everything for you - hotel accommodations, transportation to and from the airport, tours and tour guides, diving trips and everything else - and at very affordable rates too.

Have fun!

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cebu Bohol 2N/3D

Hello,

I would strongly suggest you find one agency or operator who can help you through the complete process. From years of experience I would not suggest trying to do it on your own, unless you have a knowledge of the area, the culture and tourism industry. Here are couple articles you might want to read before making your decision. They are on Mactan Island, but will give you general ideas for any destination in PI.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g667507-c142283/Macta…

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g667507-c141564/Macta…

I travel to Bohol and Island Hopping on a weekly basis, and its getting many, many more touts, vendors, drivers, and even some agencies who are really trying to get in and cash in on the growing industry. Most of which are just local, and personal. Lot of horror stories are surfacing, and many ruined vacations due to these types. So be careful search out reviews for each establishment or agency. Look to see if they cater mostly to local or foreign guests. Google them and check them out.

You will hear a lot of people give you advice to do it on your own. Which comes from people who live here or travel here a lot. They have forgotten their first times here, and how difficult doing something on your own in the tourist industry is.

5. Re: Cebu Bohol 2N/3D

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 September 2010, 16:05
clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cebu Bohol 2N/3D

same as the other 46

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,332 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cebu Bohol 2N/3D

The aunt of dudette_21 owns Panglao Island Nature Resort so why just stay in a transient house and not in Panglao Island Nature Resort?

Check this link:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294259-i9268-k210…

Edited: 11 September 2010, 01:25
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,355 posts
1,914 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cebu Bohol 2N/3D

Thats self promotion and tripadvisor will probably remove the post.

Tommo

9. Re: Cebu Bohol 2N/3D

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2011, 07:34
Get answers to your questions about Bohol Island