We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From cebu to bohol on oceanjet

Singapore
Level Contributor
112 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
From cebu to bohol on oceanjet

Hi

My family will arrive in Cebu on Nov 26th at 4 am on Cebu Pacific. We would like to take the 6 am oceanjet ferry to bohol. Wondering if we can make it on time, given customs clearance and travelling time. How long does it take from airport to pier and how much is the estimated taxi fare. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,981 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From cebu to bohol on oceanjet

It is plenty of time.

You need to check in 30 minutes before departure. It is about 20 minutes at that time of the morning from airport to Pier 1

So, you only need to get through customs in less than an hour. My experience at Cebu international terminal is that the most time is spent waiting for your luggage to appear. Customs and passport control are very quick.

Average taxi fare in a yellow airport taxi is P270

Regards; Jim Sibbick

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From cebu to bohol on oceanjet

That much time would be ok,

IF, you flight is not delayed

IF, custom's does not decide to do a spot check.

IF, your taxi driver takes a direct route.

IF, ticketing at the pier is not very crowed, (unless you already have tickets)

Which all of these things happen sometimes here in PI. I personally would not be comfortable with that time limit. But again it is possible, if you hit no snags on the way. I would suggest to have Plan B, just in case it does not work out.

Singapore
Level Contributor
112 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From cebu to bohol on oceanjet

Thank you so much. Given the info, I agree that I do have time. However, Cebu Pacific is known to have delayed flights. Therefore, it may be wise as suggested to have plan B. As I will be leaving Cebu for Hong Kong on a night flight on Nov 30th, I may change my itinerary to:

Nov 26th - one day in Cebu town

Nov 27th to Nov 28th - 2 nights in Bohol

Nov 29th to Nov 30th - 1 day in Shangri-La Mactan

As I will be staying at Panglao island in Bohol, am still wondering if it is worth while staying i nite in Shangri-La Mactan as the room rates are on the high side for me. Are the beaches better at Panglao island? There are mixed reviews re Shang, thus my hesistation. Any suggestions and advice are most appreciated. Thank you once again.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,981 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From cebu to bohol on oceanjet

The beaches on Panglao island are real. The sand for the resorts on Mactan is imported.

However, it is certainly a good idea to aim to be back in Cebu City the night before your flight as you can never trust a boat to get you to a plane on time.

Regards: Jim

5. Re: From cebu to bohol on oceanjet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2011, 07:09