We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bohol, Cebu or Palawan?

Orange County, CA
8 posts
Save Topic
Bohol, Cebu or Palawan?

Hello,

My wife, 6 yrs old daughter & I will be travelling in the Philippines this Christmas and we wanted to find out the best beach resort to go. I was told that Bohol, particularly the Amorita, is really nice! I also heard that Plantation Bay in Cebu is also a good place to go as well as Palawan!

Between these three cities, where do you think the three of us should go? We were at Boracay last New Years eve and we really enjoyed it!

Any advise would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks!

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,464 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bohol, Cebu or Palawan?

Welcome to the forum!

This is a hard question. It is like comparing apples, oranges and bananas. They are all different but I love them all. Well, I prefer apples so I would choose Bohol. Bohol is just a ferry away from Cebu so you could visit both if you want. I do suggest that you book your resort months in advance if you plan to stay during Christmas to avoid disappointment.

Here is a rundown of best beaches in the Philippines. Read what other TA members said --> tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294245-i3256-k381…

Edited: 26 August 2010, 02:06
Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,436 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bohol, Cebu or Palawan?

I presume it is a typo and you know that Cebu, Bohol and Palawan are all islands and out of the 7107 islands in the Philippines, they are 3 of the biggest islands.

if you can afford to stay at the Plantation Bay, you can afford to stay at the Imperial Palace Waterpark Resort and Spa. I have been thinking that would be the place to go with kids. I couldn't find a website but you can get more info here

agoda.com/asia/…

My personal preference out of the 3 islands would be Bohol but as kegler747 pointed out, it is only 90 minutes by fast ferry between Cebu and Bohol, so you can probably spend time on both islands.

Regards: Jim Sibbick

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bohol, Cebu or Palawan?

Cebu and Bohol would be your best choices. With children I would agree with the Imperial Palace Waterpark. Here is the website :

www.imperialpalace-cebu.com

Orange County, CA
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bohol, Cebu or Palawan?

Thanks guys for all your comments and suggestions! Since these are all nice places to go I will definitely need to know what we really like to do so that we could make our decision soon!

After reading all the responses I got from this posting, staying in Cebu (Plantation or Imperial) then taking a day trip to Bohol might be considered. We'll see...

Not to sound so biased or jerk, would Imperial or Plantation be just a another water park for us coming from California compared to Bohol that is more of a nature that really shows the beauty of the Philippine Island...Just a thought.

Any suggestion would still be appreciated!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,436 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bohol, Cebu or Palawan?

You definitely would not go to Mactan island for the nature!

Mactan island is the location of factories, industry , squatters, slums and the airport. It also has some shopping in Lapu Lapu City and some nighlife.

Bohol has a definite advantage when it comes to nature!

Regards: Jim

Orange County, CA
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bohol, Cebu or Palawan?

Thanks Jim for this advice. It seems like we'll just be staying in Bohol.

Orange County, CA
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bohol, Cebu or Palawan?

Thanks Jim for the advice. Seems like we'll just be going to Bohol!

Orange County, CA
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bohol, Cebu or Palawan?

Thanks Jim for this advice. It seems like we'll just be staying in Bohol.

9. Re: Bohol, Cebu or Palawan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2011, 06:52
Get answers to your questions about Bohol Island