We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alona Palm under new ownership

Butte
Level Contributor
258 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Alona Palm under new ownership

Alona Palm has recently reopened as Henann beach resort. It is now currently owned by the same organisation that owns Boracay regency.. They can be contacted at www.henann.com . Hope this helps anyone

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,613 posts
1,570 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alona Palm under new ownership

Tyronne

Thanks great information. Thats why no replies have been received from my emails.

What was your impression of the place. Has it been refurbished?

Tommo

Butte
Level Contributor
258 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alona Palm under new ownership

Tommo, it reopened on the 15th march, I was at that end of the beach today. It seemed like a lot of people were using the beach area in front of the resort . I did ask a couple who were staying there and they did say that it had been refurbished and was very nice. I am going to their restaurant tonight as it has a great menu. Will post a review

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
22,613 posts
1,570 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alona Palm under new ownership

Looking forward to your review...s.

Just looked at the prices at Henann. Top end prices.

Wont be staying there.

Tommo

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
105 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alona Palm under new ownership

Any extraordinairy special opening rates?

Saw on Asiatravel around 9.000 pesos a night....that's a lot for a Phillipini beach experience.

Butte
Level Contributor
258 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alona Palm under new ownership

I had dinner at the new Henann resort last night, without a doubt, the best dining experience I have had the week I have been here in Alona. Rates are 12,300php per night, I was unaware this place has only 12 villas on vast grounds, due to the size of the grounds, I was informed by staff, that the new owners intend to build a 100 room complex on the existing grounds. Will this detract from the place? it certainly could. Tommo, the place had been closed for 8 months, and they have not refurbished the place, merely painted some of the villas, I gather. Still this place is beautiful, but at these rates, I am afraid I will only be using there restaurant and beach area..

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,832 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alona Palm under new ownership

My family are going to stay at Henann Resort soon. I'll post a review after our stay.

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alona Palm under new ownership

Stayed at the Alona Palm Beach Resort in May 2011 for 5 nights. Absolutely loved it. It was expensive and there are other cheaper options (I stayed one night at one of these to go diving but was glad to move back to Hennan) The room was large and clean, with comfortable beds. The staff and security were so friendly and we always felt welcome and safe. Diving from the resort is easy - we ended up going to the Philippine Divers and they were great and would go back.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
22,613 posts
1,570 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alona Palm under new ownership

rascalscat

Isnt Alona OPalm taken over by Hennan Resort?

Tommo

shanghai
Level Contributor
57 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alona Palm under new ownership

were going to stay at henan resorts for 10 days for christmas we booked it by travel asia.were trying to send email directly to the hotel regarding breakfast rate for my kids,and transportation from the airport but they never respond

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
647 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alona Palm under new ownership

Alona Palm was beautiful when I visited in 2008. Hopefully, they carry that tradition. I know it is expensive but like any destinations, but it's really for upmarket.