We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather advise - Panglao in August?

Boston
Level Contributor
53 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Weather advise - Panglao in August?

Would someone please clarify this for me? We are currently visiting Manila and are considering a last minute trip to Panglao. However, we are currently having a hard time making our minds due to the weather. Some friends from the US who have always gone at around the same time says that just because it is raining a lot in Manila doesn't mean it is in the Visayas region, including Bohol.

Because of the constant rains we've been experiencing in Metro Manila, and my ignorance on weather patterns here, I am thinking, since the Philippines is relatively small, I cannot imagine that in general, we are not sharing the same general weather patterns in Bohol. However, I've read in the forums that even though it could be raining in Manila, it might not necessarily be the case in the Visayas region.

Can someone who is actually in Panglao/Bohol tell me what the weather is like in the past week? I also read that the rainy season don't really start until September in the Visayas.

We are considering going to Panglao the week of August 15th.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, I really appreciate any information!

Laguna
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather advise - Panglao in August?

well, the weather here in bohol, including Panglao is very fine..we have sunny day though windy..you'll surely enjoy your trip should you decide to come ..

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather advise - Panglao in August?

WE were in Bohol last year (2010)August and the weather was good! It was hot! My children love Bohol so much. IT's their No. 1 place among places they have been (UK, New York, California etc...) Balicasag snorkling the best!!!!!

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
452 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather advise - Panglao in August?

Some friends from the US who have always gone at around the same time says that just because it is raining a lot in Manila doesn't mean it is in the Visayas region, including Bohol. --> They are absolutely right.

Because of the constant rains we've been experiencing in Metro Manila, and my ignorance on weather patterns here, I am thinking, since the Philippines is relatively small, I cannot imagine that in general, we are not sharing the same general weather patterns in Bohol. However, I've read in the forums that even though it could be raining in Manila, it might not necessarily be the case in the Visayas region. --> What you have read is correct. Yes the Philippines is relatively small, but Bohol is still 400+ miles away from Manila, far enough that weather systems affecting Manila would spare Bohol.

Bohol is far enough south of Manila and closer to MIndandao which is the part of the country less affected by typhoons. It is also blessed by some form of microclimate so the rain patterns are actually more even throughout the year, rainy season is milder. Yes there are occasional times of heavy rain but not necessarily in August and these are exceptions.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
345 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather advise - Panglao in August?

I will be there in less than a week so it will be nothing but sunshine until I need to cool off then some light rain. That is the forecast until mid september.

5. Re: Weather advise - Panglao in August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Bohol Island