We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Singapore to Bohol

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling from Singapore to Bohol

Hi my bf and I are planning a trip to Bohol for our 1 year anni in January. We are planning to spend about 6 days there.

I have been doing some research and it seems this is the best option to get there from Singapore

Tiger Air to Cebu

Cebu airport to ferry terminal - 30 mins by car

Ferry terminal to Bohol - 2 hours

Bohol to island resort - 45 mins by car

However, it seems a lot of travelling to get to Bohol. I am now looking at going to Boracay instead, taking tiger Air to Cebu, and then an internal flight.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,415 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from Singapore to Bohol

Its depends on whether you are looking for a busy beach destination that is known as a party island (Boracay) or a more quieter intimate and relaxing beach destination (Alona Beach Bohol) Bohol offers more sightseeing options as well.

Both are great destinations.

Tommo

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,415 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from Singapore to Bohol

This great link lists some of the great things to do in Bohol:

tripadvisor.com/…31298504

Nice pics of Alona Beach here:

sunapartelle.com/images/…20beach_ev.htm

Tommo

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from Singapore to Bohol

Hi! Thanks for your reply. I already know a fair bit about Bohol. We don't mind either Bohol or Boracay, but which of these two places would be easier to get to from Singapore? As we are only there for 6 days, we really don't wanna spend half the day from plane, to boat, to car. Thanks!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,712 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling from Singapore to Bohol

To me, both are the same in terms of travelling but Boracay cost more.

For Boracay, take a flight to Manila and transfer to domestic flight (1hr) to Caticlan. You will need to give sufficient time for the transfer as most probably you will land in a different terminal unless you take either Cebu Pacific or Airphils for your SIN-MNL flight. Reaching Caticlan, take a short ride to the jetty. Then take a ferry ride for less than 30mins. Reaching Boracay, transfer to trikes to bring you to your hotel.

If you are going in peak season, the price of the flight from Manila to Caticlan is ok but you will be shock for the MPH-MNL flight.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,721 posts
1,970 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling from Singapore to Bohol

Five or six days (even four) is long enough to 'forget' aboout the travelling.

I find the travelling is enjoyable and part of the holiday.

Hire a 'digi-E-player' if Tiger Airways has them on board; read a local Filipino newspaper (in English) or a book or magazine on the hydrofoil to Bohol.

I'd be inclined to prefer Bohol and Panglao Islands (look up 'Balicasag Island' and 'Bohol attractions' on TA for ideas) but as the above discussion mentions, it's a choice between a busy beach resort scene or a more placid holiday.

By the way, www.asiatravel.com is a Singaporean company that has pretty good accommodation rates. It also offers flights but I don't think they are as keenly priced as its hotel offerings.

Edited: 15 September 2011, 10:14
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,749 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling from Singapore to Bohol

I always believe that "getting there is half the fun." Did you consider taking a flight to Manila then take another flight to Bohol?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,712 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling from Singapore to Bohol

I think SIN-CEB then ferry to Bohol will be more interesting as it involve air, land and sea! :p

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,749 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelling from Singapore to Bohol

Yes, I agree with mousehunt ;-)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelling from Singapore to Bohol

Hi! If you're looking for beaches why not consider Samal Island, best option is Davao Pearl Farm.

Sin-cebu, cebu-davao flight (1hour or less), taxi to ferry terminal (15mins), 30-45mins ferry.

dys
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
333 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelling from Singapore to Bohol

Sorry to hijack this thread. I'm planning a trip there in Dec and I'm thinking of flying Tiger Airways from SIN to CEBU, take a cab to the pier and catch the OceanJet ferry to Bohol. On the way back, I'm going to spend a night in Cebu just coz everyone says I should have a look at the place. Hope you don't mind answering a few questions:

1) How long does it take to cab from the airport to the pier at noon time on a weekday?

2) Are the ferries safe?

Thanks a million!

dys