We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Philippines (Beach) Honeymoon

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Philippines (Beach) Honeymoon

Hi Everyone. We're looking at the philippines for our 2 week honeymoon in October, and Linaw Beach Resort in Panglao was recommended to us. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as it looks promising but i'm not 100%. The rooms look fairly simple although at around $100 AUD it seems really reasonable. Happy to pay more per night for something 5 star but not wanting to go down the track of a big impersonal hotel inorder to get the luxury. Also open to other islands, splitting our time over 2 resorts etc, any advice will be very welcome.

We love snorkelling (boat trips rather than on the beach) soft white sand, and somewhere reasonably quiet and couple orientated rather than a party resort or big kids club, good food options are important too. We've previously been to Fiji and loved the perfect white sand and aqua blue water of the fiji islands, not to mention the fijian hospitality. Just wanting something different for our honeymoon. Thanks alot in advance.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,967 posts
2,059 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Philippines (Beach) Honeymoon

It is unlikely to constantly rain. There is more chance of the latter if you were in Manila or north Luzon, as those areas are more subject to tropical depressions or typhoons.

Budapest, Hungary
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Philippines (Beach) Honeymoon

Thank you! So, do you think we can enjoy the beaches in Bohol in Otober too?

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,542 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Philippines (Beach) Honeymoon

Yes I do think so just like I did when I was in Bohol one weekend in October.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Philippines (Beach) Honeymoon

I agree with Kegler, I have had great weather in october and november in Bohol, a few sporadic showers, but not a deal breaker.

Bohol is a great honeymoon destination, lots to see and do, and some nice beaches to relax on

25. Re: Philippines (Beach) Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 June 2013, 19:06
Indiana
Level Contributor
43 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Philippines (Beach) Honeymoon

There is another side to Bohol, President Carlos Garcia Island is about a two hour drive and short boat crossing from Panglao. There is currently only one resort on the island and your chances of being the only two people there are good, as the place is relatively new and yet unknown. The snorkeling there is great as the property is completely surrounded by Marine Sanctuary and designated Mangrove Wilderness Area. There is no road to the property, only a bike path. It is very pristine, quiet, romantic. The cottages all front the sea and have queen bed and modern bath. The food is served family style and the cook will accept special orders on request. Visayas Breeze Resort. Give it a look....

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Philippines (Beach) Honeymoon

any connection to resort?

National Capital...
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Philippines (Beach) Honeymoon

We guys are planning our honeymoon to philippines this december, from india. Manila, cebu, bohol, boracay with 10 days trip we have a budget of 7-8000$. Resorts beach relaxation n clubbing in partying in manila/cebu is on our agenda. We had been planning this trip to bahamas n had done all the research about that, but things couldnt materialise n we had to change it at the last moment. Dont have much idea about other lesser known sites in philippines. Read here about el nido, will it be too oftrack or can we accomodate island hopping in such a small duration......Help us guys

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,626 posts
1,675 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Philippines (Beach) Honeymoon

For a 8-10 day trip you cant visit all those places.

You will need to narrow down the list. Boracay, Manila and Cebu will suit you for partying.

El Nido is a perfect place for a honeymoon and perhaps a few days at El Nido Resorts on an overwater bungalow would be perfect.

Bohol offers beaches and culture.

I would probably narrow down my choices to Manila Boracay and El Nido.

Tommo

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,626 posts
1,675 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Philippines (Beach) Honeymoon

Here is a current list of 2013 Best Honeymoon Destinations in the Philippines. Not all are beach destinations and many have already been mentioned in prior posts.

outoftownblog.com/2013-best-honeymoon-destin…

Tommo

Get answers to your questions about Bohol Island