We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Way Flight To Bohol - Bee Farm - then ? Share experience

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
One Way Flight To Bohol - Bee Farm - then ? Share experience

Hello

My husband and I are traveling from Canada and are currently in Manila - we have rented a 'home base here for the month'.

We decided to start with a trip to Bohol. We have reserved 3 nights at Bohol Bee Hive Farm. Panglao Island.

While on the Island we'd like to see The Chocolate Hills / Tarsier Monkey (any other suggestion would be great)

We'll likely do a package - so if you've had great experiences with anyone in particular -reasonably priced we'd love the direction.

We have read and heard that we should stay as well on Alona Beach ? Is this a must do? Maybe spend a night or two there?

We have a one way flight so are open to where to go after, or just head back to Manila and head to another Island after a few days..... It seems when we read about a lot of Islands, like Boracay, the reviews are very mixed - we're not looking for drinking / party life - we're more interested in the unique beauty the Islands have to offer - affordable unique places to stay / things to see/marvel at .

Thank you very much for any suggestion.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,731 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Way Flight To Bohol - Bee Farm - then ? Share experience

Well, Bohol Bee Farm is more inland where Alona has a beach. So it really depends on you. Alona is like a super mini Boracay.

Boracay is not all about party. You can stay at the more quiet side like Station 3.

For the tour package in Bohol, book direct with companies like Bohol Travel Buddy. Bookng through the hotel will cost you more.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,331 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Way Flight To Bohol - Bee Farm - then ? Share experience

There are ferry trips from Jagna, Bohol to the island province of Camiguin. You may want to search online what Camiguin has to offer if it would interesting to you. I also recommed Bohol Travel Buddy for your transportation needs in Bohol --> www.boholtravelbuddy.com/

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,399 posts
1,661 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Way Flight To Bohol - Bee Farm - then ? Share experience

I also recommend Bohol Travel Buddy who I used last time in Bohol. They can organise your tours and transportation needs in the area.

Tommo

Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
3,596 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One Way Flight To Bohol - Bee Farm - then ? Share experience

You could get a ferry back to Manila leaving 8.30 am arriving 12.30 the next day. A stateroom for 2 with AC TV and own bathroom is around 4000 pesos and you would see quite a few islands on your way back plus a lot of sea. If you wanted to do it on the cheap a bunk in a dormitory would be 1650 pesos for two and you could watch Filipinos do what they do best - sleep and make a lot of noise !

book online

http://travel.2go.com.ph/

Edited: 03 February 2014, 09:40
Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,237 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One Way Flight To Bohol - Bee Farm - then ? Share experience

It is entirely up to you if you want to spend time on Alona beach. The Alona Beach experience is completely different to the Bohol Bee farm experience. So, you will get something different if you stay in both places.

The Bohol bee farm is by the sea. It has beach at low tide and you swim off a deck at high tide. The deck has "deck chairs" for relaxing in the sun and a cabana for relaxing out of the sun. Plus multiple restaurants by the sea and by the pool. make sure you try their home made ice creams and the meals with edible flowers and honey.

When i stayed there, i stayed in a honey comb suite. It was very nice with a balcony that was in the top of the trees, over looking the sea. My suggestion is that you stay in a similar room for the best experience at the Bohol Bee Farm.

It is isolated though. No taxis will just be passing by. They will mostly be arriving and departing with tourists who are there to check out the bee farm as it is a tourist attraction in it's own right.

Here is my regular driver on Bohol, if you are interested. I have used him for several day tours and other trips

Albert Odtohan

Landline +63 38 5018165

Mobile + 63 918 5046447

madeboholtravel@yahoo.com

I second Camiguin as your next destination after Bohol.

It has hot springs, cold springs, waterfalls, volcano trekking, a huge sand bar called White Island, a sunken cemetery, diving and snorkelling.

You might also like Siquijor. I couldn't find any witches on Siquijor but there are faith healers in the mountains. Other than that, it has

- white sand beaches

- historical sights/sites

- diving/snorkelling

- a huge triple waterfall called Cambugahay falls

- a butterfly sanctuary

- the Cantabon cave

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One Way Flight To Bohol - Bee Farm - then ? Share experience

Great responses - Thank you. Jim I have a couple of questions for you.

1) The most direct way to get to Camiguin from Bohol?

2) Where would you stay in order to be able to see the sites?

Love the suggestion of Siquijor - love faith healers -we had the chance to meet one in Ecuador.

Thank you for recommending The Honeycomb suite, I'll request it when I get there.

I'm thinking maybe 1-2 nights on Alona beach while we're there - I find the reviews very mixed - so I'm still doing some research on places to stay.

Thank you for the drivers number - I'll send him an email soon.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One Way Flight To Bohol - Bee Farm - then ? Share experience

Love the idea of taking the ferry back too! Thank you.

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: One Way Flight To Bohol - Bee Farm - then ? Share experience

Hello ,from tagbiliran ,you need to go to jagna port for ferry to camiguin

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,237 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One Way Flight To Bohol - Bee Farm - then ? Share experience

These might be a bit low class for you but they are value for money.

Secret Cove on Camiguin

http://www.secretcovecamiguin.com/

Coral cay on Siquijor

http://www.coralcayresort.com/

Here is my Bohol Bee farm video showing Honey comb suite 2.. It was taken 4 years ago so things may be a bit different

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w2HLdb73Zc

I travelled to Camiguin via Cagayan De Oro (CDO), When you leave Camiguin, my suggestion is you travel Camiguin to CDO then fly to Manila from the CDO airport.

To get between Bohol and Camiguin, as already mentioned, there are several boat options between Jagna Bohol and Camiguin. One is the OceanJet fast ferry. It travels between Jagna Bohol and Camiguin and between Camiguin and CDO.

http://oceanjet.net/

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One Way Flight To Bohol - Bee Farm - then ? Share experience

Thank you everyone for the idea's. We booked at Bohol Bee Farm for 4 days / 3 nights and had a lovely experience. Great, comfortable rooms, beautiful locations, right on the cliff and great food, not to mention fantastic service.

We did a tour, which I would not recommend as all the sites were disappointing. The River Boat Lunch was terrible, the animals in captivity was tragic, there was no effort put into any of the tour. This is the experience we're having throughout the 'sites' of the Philippines. I think finding a location that is beautiful and simply enjoying it is the best way to see this country.

We made plans to head to another Island, but needed to Ferry to Cebu, stay over night, then fly/ferry - so instead we headed back to Manila where we've rented a condo as a "jumping" point and will head out from here in a few days again. Very glad we did as we both are having stomach problems. We've traveled the world together and never had any problems with our bellies - so we're eating yogurt and getting some rest before our next adventure.

Get answers to your questions about Bohol Island