We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family-friendly hotels in Bohol Island

Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Family-friendly hotels in Bohol Island

Based on what I've read on the forums, it sounds like we should stay on Alona Beach. We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 little kids), and we would love to stay on the beach if possible, and be able to walk to restaurants, etc. We are hoping to find a hotel that has rooms/suites where we can have the kids sleep in one room and the grown-ups in another (we'd like to put them to bed at night and be able to stay awake with the lights on!). Any recommendations?

Thanks very much!!

(And ps - I did search the forum for this, but a lot of the reviews are many years old, and things change...).

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family-friendly hotels in Bohol Island

Amorita Resort Suite room?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,366 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family-friendly hotels in Bohol Island

If you can't find what you are seeking ON the beach. Here is exactly what you are seeking NEAR the beach.

It is the Flower garden Resort.

It is a resort in a garden setting on a road behind the resorts that have beach frontage on Alona Beach on Pangalo island, Bohol. You can't walk through the beach front resorts. You have to walk around. It takes 10 minutes to walk to the restaurants, supermarket, ATM, bars and the beach at Alona Beach. The resort has it's own swimming pool.

They offer several of what they call a 2 storey house. i think a better description is a bungalow. I have been inside house number 1. It is P1900 per night, good for 3. Upstairs is the main bedroom and a smaller bedroom off the main bedroom plus a covered balcony with table and chairs. But the small bedroom off the main bedroom has no aircon. Downstairs is a living room with cable TV, full kitchen and bathroom plus a covered porch with table and chairs. So you dine upstairs or downstairs under cover but open air.

What you are seeking is the 3 bedroom option of house 2 or 3. They have an aircon bedroom with 2 single beds down stairs and a bedroom with king size bed and aircon upstairs. The small bedroom of the upstairs bedroom only has a single bed and no aircon. The rest is as described for house 1. It costs P2600 per night for the 4 of you.

The website is here.

flowergarden-resort.com/Preise-E.htm#Service

flowergarden-resort.com/Mainframe-E/Mainfram…

Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family-friendly hotels in Bohol Island

Thank you both for your replies!

mousehunt - Had looked into Amorita before, and it looks very nice, but as far as I can tell from their website, they don't have a suite style option available for our dates. We don't want an 8pm bedtime for the grown-ups, so I'm not sure it will work for us this time, unfortunately.

Big Jim - will check out your suggestion. Thank you!

4. Re: Family-friendly hotels in Bohol Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Bohol Island