We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boracay studios diniwid

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
western visayas
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
boracay studios diniwid

does anyone know anything about this project , owner or location or anything else?

fairfield...
Level Contributor
891 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: boracay studios diniwid

Borabound

Please contact Garces Realty in Cebu. He'll be able to answer all your questions in regards to properties in Boracay.

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
922 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: boracay studios diniwid

all details are in boracaystudios.com

Boracay
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: boracay studios diniwid

I've been checking out that site, Mastur, and and VERY interested in owning one.

However, as an American moving to Boracay PERMANENTLY in July, I'm put off by the fact that foreigners can ONLY own 40 percent of a condo. Does that mean I would have to have a Filipino friend put the rest in HIS name (Luckily I have a friend in Manila that can do this).

Does anyone know about or has experienced owning a condo as a foreigner?

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
922 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: boracay studios diniwid

a foreigner CAN own 100 % of a condominium however he cannot own the land. Many city condominiums are sold to foreigners.

To own a land, you have to put it under the name of your filipino wife, your filipino lawyer or a filipino corporation.

first time I hear that you can only own 40 % of a condo. do research on this and ask your filipino friend to look seriously into this matter. Beware of fly-by-night real estate developer. Ensure that the land the condo sits on is clean. Beware of developers who need your down payment to START their project: It means they have no money to even build the foundation of the building.

Invest in visiting the place before you sign-up on anything. Do not buy without meeting the owner/developer and without seing the place AND its neighbourhood.

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
922 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: boracay studios diniwid

Last: ask an honest and respected Boracay based real estate like SPR Realty for more technical details on this property offered to you.

Diniwid, Boracay
Level Contributor
227 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: boracay studios diniwid

Peter at SPR is as knowledgeable as any foreigner on the island about real estate dealings. He developed and lives at the top of Diniwid above Nami Resort.

He did an inital review of Boracay Studios and confirmed that they were doing deal s of the type common on Boracay. However, these are tax titled properties and require a leap of faith that the status quo continues and pending court cases do not change land ownership dramatically. Most developments do not follow the national coop law anyway...Boracay has its own ways. Paradise didn't come without a few risks...same with a few women I know in the PI. :D Enjoy!

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: boracay studios diniwid

I'l second that - have a good chat with Peter Brugger for some honest and up-to-date advice.

philippines usually
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: boracay studios diniwid

i bought one . saw the site etc .seems ok to me , nice location and owner , good price. diniwid is the last frontier not yet ruined by white beach, like boracay used to be , buy one lets be neighbours.

9. Re: boracay studios diniwid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 01:18