We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balinghai Beach Resort - best way to experience Boracay?

Panay Island...
Level Contributor
414 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Balinghai Beach Resort - best way to experience Boracay?

I never read any TA review about Balinghai Resort, however the photo's from boracay.com of the resort and its rooms seem really nice. I'd appreciate the additional info's and experiences....

Paradise, Texas
Level Contributor
216 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Balinghai Beach Resort - best way to experience Boracay?

Hello....Mikai, my dear amiga.........I've been to Balinghai and met the owners, Boracay local named Otip(?/spelling) married to a Swedish woman. He owns the big acres of land and we had a little picnic next to their Resort . There's even a story (or tall tales) that it's an enchanted place with little people(leprechaun or elfs?) living inside the Resort. I remember hearing the story that the Swedish wife saw them often in their room especially when she's by herself. I think their children saw them too. Anyway, it's so scenic and peaceful up there, but you have to take a small boat to reach that end of the Island , then walked all the way to the top...whewww, it's a 'lil too much for me especially the boat ride(it was a little bumpy at that time and the boat keeps on swaying back & forth).

There's some Reviews about the place in this Boracay page. First. go to the upper left top and write Balinghai Resort under SEARCH. Then you'll see some Reviews......go downward and around the middle left you'll see a Referral or info(book ,maybe) that said Balinghai Resort and click to that and another page will show and it will tell you more about the place(not much).

Nice seeing you getting busy again and sharing your precious inputs......take it easy and take care of yourself.....

JC

Paradise, Texas
Level Contributor
216 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Balinghai Beach Resort - best way to experience Boracay?

mikai.......just in case you want some more info, go to...... www.boracay.cc/Balinghai-Beach-Resort.htm

Nite....Nite...

JC

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Balinghai Beach Resort - best way to experience Boracay?

Otik and his wife separated a while back, though the resort is still going strong. It's a good choice for those who wish to escape the crowds.

Paradise, Texas
Level Contributor
216 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Balinghai Beach Resort - best way to experience Boracay?

Sirenna.....I've heard about the Balinghai owner Otik & wife got separated from a friend who knows the couple real good. I just don't want to mention it just in case they got backed together. Do you know whether she went back to Sweden,and also, the kids with her or Otik? Don't want to be nosy......just curious.

Panay Island...
Level Contributor
414 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Balinghai Beach Resort - best way to experience Boracay?

Thanks jc and sirenna for the inputs.. quite a tale about the resort huh? ;-) I guess Balinghai is a great choice for honeymooners... but for families..? hmmm... maybe not.. especially with kids... if dining out, shopping or clubbing is your main agenda... then the commute back to the resort will be unpleasant and darn long...

If only there are resorts like Balinghai somewhere in station 1.. i wonder.. are there?

*** yup jc.. after hibernating.. i'm back... ;-D

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Balinghai Beach Resort - best way to experience Boracay?

Yes, Julia is in Sweden right now. As for Baling Hai, I think people go there for seclusion, romantic honeymoons, and utimately PEACE and QUIET. Which is why I would say it's better not to bring the kids. If they get bored, their screeching will ruin the ambiance for everyone else!

Panay Island...
Level Contributor
414 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Balinghai Beach Resort - best way to experience Boracay?

exactly... not to mention that the distance from Baling Hai to the D' MALL or neigboring shops and resto's is quite far.... i checked their rates, and its a steal... ;-) The Rock House has an open living room on the ground floor... quite nice!

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Balinghai Beach Resort - best way to experience Boracay?

Baling Hai tends to attract nature lovers, and those in search of seclusion, beauty and scenery. Those kinds of people are usually not interested in malls, and couldn't care less if they are not near it - that's not why they come to islands like Boracay. They come to get away from things like that!

Panay Island...
Level Contributor
414 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Balinghai Beach Resort - best way to experience Boracay?

;-D well said... seclusion... privacy.... peace... thats Baling Hai...

Shenzhen
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Balinghai Beach Resort - best way to experience Boracay?

My husband and I stayed at Balinghai in May and LOVED IT. It's clean, quiet, peaceful, beautiful, romantic, and relaxing. Plus, absolutely everyone who works there is so sweet, kind, and helpful.

NOT a great place for kids, as the rooms are all built into the side of the cliff, so there are many stairs. But for couples, it's perfect. It's easy to get into the main strip on White Beach when you want a change of scenery or the "bar scene" - just 10 minutes on a for-hire tricycle.

I highly recommend this place for people looking for a QUIET beach vacation.

Get answers to your questions about Boracay
Recent Conversations