We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which is better:SEAIR or asian spirit or PAL or Cebu Pacific

korea
3 posts
Save Topic
which is better:SEAIR or asian spirit or PAL or Cebu Pacific

hello I'm planning to go to Boracay this summer. what airline is better among the 4? i heard that seair is the fastest but it's way too expensive. i also read in the other forum that Asian spirit has a bad reputation...is that true?

would there be any difference if i buy a seair ticket now for my summer vacation? like would it be cheaper by few hundreds or thousands? I'm a student so will they give me a discount? so around how much will i be paying including the vat ?

what's the difference in the prices of all these airline tickets? from manila to Boracay back to manila (round trip prices) if i buy it now(january-feb) and when i buy it on my summer vacation (april).

thank you!

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,173 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which is better:SEAIR or asian spirit or PAL or Cebu Pacific

seair/asian spirit flies to caticlan and does not require the 2-hour bus trip as opposed when you land in kalibo via pal/cebu.

downside, they use smaller planes seating 40-50, most with propellers and a couple of jet turbine ones.

no problems when i rode with PAL in their airbus except for the long road trip to caticlan. they served a pastry and juice onboard.

rode asian spirit also, it was ok since we arrived in caticlan immediately except for the small cabin. served juice onboard.

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: which is better:SEAIR or asian spirit or PAL or Cebu Pacific

There is actually no better or worse: all of these flights have advantages and it's also a matter of time and price:

Caticlan - 30 min from Boracay:

Fastest: Seairs Dornier flights

Air Philippines: Cheap but often rerouted to Kalibo

Most flights: Asian Spirit

Kalibo - 2 - 3 hours from Boracay

Cheap: Cebu Pacific

Cheap: Philippine airlines (new promo has been launched)

korea
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: which is better:SEAIR or asian spirit or PAL or Cebu Pacific

thank you for your help :)

i have another question though... if someone's selling seair tickets to boracay this coming summer for about 8000-9000 pesos, will you buy it?

is it the usual price for tickets going to boracay from manila? or is it too expensive?

and would there be any difference in terms of the price of seair, pal, cebu nd asian spirit if i buy a ticket to boracay from manila this january or febuary for my vacation in bora this coming summer? how much would be the difference in each airlines?

i really have no idea since this is my first time to go there.

thank you very much!

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: which is better:SEAIR or asian spirit or PAL or Cebu Pacific

Hi, you could try Air Philippine's flight to Caticlan. Its much cheaper than Seair plus their aircraft is bigger than Seair.

I would suggest buying your ticket in advance because the earlier you buy your ticket the better chance of getting the promo fare.

korea
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: which is better:SEAIR or asian spirit or PAL or Cebu Pacific

thank you again!

Ottawa,Canada
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which is better:SEAIR or asian spirit or PAL or Cebu Pacific

davi-boy,

Philippines Airlines...how cheap

I am interested..whats a return flight to Manila cost

Rob

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: which is better:SEAIR or asian spirit or PAL or Cebu Pacific

Rob: As far as I recall PAL announced P 100 for flights from Manila to anywhere in the country. Cbu Pacific today had an add advertising inland flights for 88 Peso. That's exclusive of taxes, etc.

Asian Spirit has a promo on certain flights, which is quite cheap and I'm sure, that Seair is also soon coming out with promo flights.

Good times for flying cheap!

However: be carefull with air Philippines. Yes, it's cheap, but there were many delays and re-routins to Kalibo. Maybe their situation has improved?

Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: which is better:SEAIR or asian spirit or PAL or Cebu Pacific

go with seair, if you get bumped, you get bumped into another jet which happened to us, but if you go with ASIAN Spirit, like mom did when she got bumped she ended up in a small one hour scary flight. I suggest you ask your hotel if they can get the tickets for you. oceanbreeze inn on Boracay is good for that or maybe other small hotels. At least ask them to call and get promo rates so you know what to spend. Phil Air has new planes, maybe worth a try but I prefer to go with what is tried and experienced.

New York
Level Contributor
121 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: which is better:SEAIR or asian spirit or PAL or Cebu Pacific

Shinhj,

consider booking your tickets as early as your budget allows. All the four carriers you mentioned are comparable; though it's true that SEAir is slightly expensive.

So shop for the best deal now; book it as early as you can; and don't look back. No matter what, you'll have a blast in Boracay!

GeoVan

metro manila
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: which is better:SEAIR or asian spirit or PAL or Cebu Pacific

I would not recommend PAL as you will be landing in KALIBO 30-45mins away from the boats that would take you to Boracay itself.

all other airlines have trips to CATICLAN which is where you take the boat to the island..

PROMOS I know that are available now,

CEBU PACIFIC, ASIAN SPIRIT and PAL

just booked Cebu Pacific trips to Boracay (Caticlan), got the promo rates (4290 nett or 688/flight) but i think the promo ends today.. i'm sorry..

but asian spirit has a promo too, (699/flight or 3658nett) - cheaper than cebu pacific and promo ends on feb 15..