We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diniwid Beach Area ---- is it okay?

Mandaluyong...
Level Contributor
819 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Diniwid Beach Area ---- is it okay?

kinda help here please.... is it okay to check in hotels or resorts around Diniwid Area? is the place great? i know Diniwid is kinda secluded from the rest... please advise coz im thinking to book at diniwid beach resort.. is the resort beach front? thanks in advance

Hawaii
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Diniwid Beach Area ---- is it okay?

it is difficult to gt to white beach especially at night, even though it is not that far. It is a nice beach though but as close as it may be you can not walk at night safely to white beach. Depends on what you prefer.

New York
Level Contributor
121 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diniwid Beach Area ---- is it okay?

Dear Simply Owen,

Diniwid Beach Resort is not beach front.

Diniwid Beach itself is secluded, past the farthest reaches of Station 1, and the bustle of Station 2. During the day, it is a nice walking excursion from White Beach. But if you're planning on spending evenings in White Beach before retiring for the night, note that there is very little lighting at night in Diniwid Beach and it can be tricky and dangerous navigating through the scraggy rocks heading back. Alternatively, of course, you may opt to return to Diniwid Beach via the interior.

GeoVan

Diniwid, Boracay
Level Contributor
227 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diniwid Beach Area ---- is it okay?

Positives...

As quiet a place as you can find at night, pretty much closed by 9 PM except for local Videoke/Billards/etc.

Almost private beach during the day. Even guests of the local resorts briefly swim and then go to the famous white beach just to the south. I almost never share the beach with more than 1 other couple.

Some great resorts..Nami and Artista provide very friendly services in top boracay facilities.

Negatives...

Beach is not quite as pristine as white beach..but this is a nitpick. You should know there are significant patches of rocks not far off the beach..these can quite easily be avoided or rendered a non-issue with the simplest water shoes. I love having the whole bay to ourselves.

The pathway to the white beach is fine by day but probably not a suggested path for a tourist at night. I feel comfortable for the 5 minute mostly moon light journey but you will be alone briefly where bad boys might lurk.

Most of the resorts offer van service on a reasonable basis but you will end up needing to plan a bit back and forth to white beach.

Net Net...

If you really desire a secluded white beach experience...Diniwid could be a great option.

If you mostly want the action of the famous white beach, stay there and take a day trip or two to Diniwid.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diniwid Beach Area ---- is it okay?

I love to hang out at Diniwid during the day, and find it a refreshing and peaceful change from the hustle of White Beach. There are some nice restaurant/bars such as Jimsters, Mika's and Wahine to enjoy a shake or a cold beer.

But if nightlife is your priority, it is a little tricky to get there late at night.

5. Re: Diniwid Beach Area ---- is it okay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 11:17