We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is boracay really an idylic island?

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
70 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
is boracay really an idylic island?

Hello.I want to go come to boracay in december 20.12-03-01.2009.Is boracay a perfect place to spend the christmas amd the new year?I am a beach lover and I like white and powder sand also I like that the colour or the water to be azur.Is boracay such a place.As for the accomodation I am thinking of boking to boracay regency.Is this a good option?

New York
Level Contributor
121 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is boracay really an idylic island?

Hello Danusz,

frankly, virtually any time of the year is a good time to spend in Bora... your travel dates take place in the "winter" time in the Philippines so while still sunny, tropical, and warm, it is generally cooler. Boracay Regency is an excellent choice!

GeoVan

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,032 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is boracay really an idylic island?

yes i believe boracay has all the qualities you are looking for. nevertheless, try to check out the sights of palawan as well.

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: is boracay really an idylic island?

The only thing you wont get is ...much privacy once you leave your room.

Regency is a really nice place, I highly recommend it.

It is also so deep in the middle of the vendor harassment zone that staff is seen every few days in arguments with police about where the vendors can/cant go near their property.

Boracay has great beaches..if you want the 'powder' that you read about then you will want to be near station 1...not 2 or 3. The further south you go, the more it becomes a larger granule of coral.

Regency is a good place to stay though...well worth it.

Asia
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: is boracay really an idylic island?

I stayed at Regency and found it overpriced and a little disappointing. The rooms were very nice, no complaints there, but the food was uninspiring, and the general atmosphere was very impersonal.

If you want to experience the real "idyllic"Boracay, book a hotel near station 1 on the best part of the beach, as DamnContractor says, the beach is wide and the sand is at its finest there. There are lots of places better than Regency, and I wont be booking it again.

Ottawa,Canada
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is boracay really an idylic island?

....yes...for me it is

Rob

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is boracay really an idylic island?

For me it is still pretty idyllic, though there are problems too. The water is still azure, and the the sand soft as powder, especially on the stretch of beach north of boat station 1. In my opinion the beach is much nicer there than in the middle of the island where Regency is located, and it's way less crowded.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is boracay really an idylic island?

Hi Danusz,

Boracay is all what u ask for..... and much more.

I dont think I affend anybody if i say that Boracay is a tourist trap, I visited Boracay first time 6 years ago and again Nov. last year and what a transformation.

For sure u can find hotels around boat station 3 where there is not so many ppl, but it means that u have to walk about 20 min. to get to D-mall.

I never stayed on Regency, so cant commet on their quality but looks very nice from the outside.

Have a nice trip.

Hans

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
423 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: is boracay really an idylic island?

Yep, but if you want want less people, theres a good chance you couldn't care less about the mall anyway. It's not a vital componant to enjoying Boracay.

9. Re: is boracay really an idylic island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 07:17