We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time in Boracay looking for a place to stay

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Paranaque
6 posts
Save Topic
1st time in Boracay looking for a place to stay

HI! It'll be my first time to experience boracay and my trip is scheduled for august 14-17, 2008. I believe that its during the off-peak season. So Ive been asking around, checking out the different forums, and searching for info on the net for an ideal place to stay while i'm there. Maybe someone can help me out. What I'm after is just the basic room, w/ airconditioning, hot & cold shower, clean, clean bathroom and room, cable tv, and just a short walk to the beach. i prefer a place that isn't crowded, accessible to the restaurants and bars but not close enough to ruin a good night's sleep. I have a few in mind but hopefully someone could provide more options and help me decide especially if you have personal experience.

After reading the reviews about Dave's Straw Hat Inn, I'm very impressed with what people have been saying. I go to beaches to relax, enjoy the outdoors, nature, fresh air, and expect to be able to just lie on the beach in peace and quiet. So, would I be able to do that if I stay at Dave's Straw Hat Inn? Is the inn clean, is the location away from the noise? Next, can someone provide me with a contact number or email add so that I can make arrangements with them directly and hopefully get a good deal out of it. And lastly, is it really as good as it sounds? If someone has had a different experience, please let me know.

How about the Boracay hideaway, I know it's located in Station 1 but is there really a big difference with the different station's?

Would you recommend any other resorts in station 1 that I could look-up?

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time in Boracay looking for a place to stay

Yes, most resorts have low season period until October, also Dave`s, has low season rates until Oct 15th. I think Daves Straw Hat Inn offers all you are looking for. Even the standard cottages have hot and cold water, cable T.V., AC, ref. And Station 3 is a good place - quiet and not overcrowded. But within some minutes walk you are in the center, no problem. I´ve only heard good things about Daves Straw Hat; you will not be disappointing choosing them. This is the link to their website http://www.davesstrawhatinn.com/default.php , this the contact numbers ... Phone 63-36-288-5465 - Cell Phones 63-917-716-8647 or 63-921-409-2922 and this the email ID info@davesstrawhatinn.com . Enjoy Boracay :)

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,256 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time in Boracay looking for a place to stay

Daves is cheap and clean and gets good marks. I suggest you ask Sirenna as she lives there and will hear the bad stuff. We tried to book them but they were full. You could also stay at the bad ranked places and look for a person who had a good experience there to base your decision. Just a joke...I like station one better tho with better beaches etc Thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
76 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time in Boracay looking for a place to stay

Dave's is great!!! The gardens etc are a peaceful oasis and it's not far from the beach......which is beautiful and not overcrowded like the other end!!

The staff are fantastic.

Ottawa,Canada
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time in Boracay looking for a place to stay

...simple choice Daves

Rob

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time in Boracay looking for a place to stay

Dave's is a friendly place, clean, good staff and facilities, not too far from the beach and best of all, quiet! Thumbs up.

boracay
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st time in Boracay looking for a place to stay

daves is great choice, you mentioned you want to be near restos etc, daves is quite a walk to the central area being station 2& 1 where most of the resto and clubs etc are. before locating to Boracay I stayed at frendz resort isla gecko and a couple I wont mention. Both these resorts are located 2 minutes walk to the central beach area but are back far enough that you get away from the noise. Both are budget but well maintained. have a look at this site frendz has good reviews etc.

As you are coming low season make sure you bargain sure you will get a great deal.

enjoy your trip.

Ottawa,Canada
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st time in Boracay looking for a place to stay

imlivingthedream,

...its low season..."make sure you bargain"

...great advice

...Rob

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
423 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st time in Boracay looking for a place to stay

<<daves is quite a walk to the central area>>

Fifteen - twenty minutes. And you don't have to walk - you can take pedicabs or trikes.

Ottawa,Canada
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st time in Boracay looking for a place to stay

..I guess it all boils down to whether you think a 15 minute walk is tragic

..my advice is to walk it is healthier ...ha ha

Rob

travelling
Level Contributor
384 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st time in Boracay looking for a place to stay

It's not an unpleasant walk, and there's transportation available for those who'd rather take a ride. The advantage is being in a nice area without so many vendors and people on the beach. Away from the noise.