We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boracay local Bakery

Concord,California
Level Contributor
3 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Boracay local Bakery

I am trying to locate a Bakery in Boracay that would ship carmelized Boat Tarts to me in California if possible. My daughter-in-law to be says they are the best in Boracay, however I'm unable to find any information. Is there any one that will be of assistance to our quest!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,377 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boracay local Bakery

i dont pretend to know what they are, but I bet they will not make the trip easily and you will have to pay in advance, much, to get them. Postal system in Boracay would dictate using fedex or such. Will food items be allowed into states?

Concord,California
Level Contributor
3 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boracay local Bakery

Thank you,

I'm checking on the allowance of food items from there. I know that it will probably be costly, unless someone knows of a place in the states that I will be able to get some.

Ottawa,Canada
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boracay local Bakery

joannee69,

..we bring baked goods back with to Canada from the Philippines but I dont know US regulations...

..we travel through Chicago so it must be ok.(ie hand carry)

..however there may be seperate regulations with respect to packages/foodstuffs

..better to call fed ex and check with them ...I am sure they must have dealt with similar situations before

..good luck...just reading this post is making me hungry

Rob

fairfield...
Level Contributor
891 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Boracay local Bakery

joannee69;

Hop on to your car and head for Vallejo. It's just a half hour drive from Concord. Head for Seafood City by Sonoma Blvd. & Redwood Street. This is sort of a mini-mall owned by various Filipino/Filipina business and professionals. These businesses catered mostly to my Kababayans and also diversified nationalities. There's Max, ChowKing, Dj's, etc.

What you are searching for maybe found in either one or all these Philippine bakeries in that area. There's Goldilocks, Red Ribbon Bakery, and Valerio's Tropical Bakery. The latter would be your best bet. If not available, they will most likely make it for you. If not, then the other alternative goodies will make you forget about the Boat Tarts.

....Oh, btw, your handle made me think twice..hehehe

Enjoy....:-)

Papalo

Concord,California
Level Contributor
3 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boracay local Bakery

Thanx 4 the info !

My handle is because I graduated in 1969 & it always brings a smile to faces when they C it!

OOOps !! just gave away my age !! Oh well --I'm alive and kicking just fine & that makes me HAPPY !!

6. Re: Boracay local Bakery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 00:20