We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wondering where is safe and nice?

New York
1 post
Save Topic
Wondering where is safe and nice?

I will be in Manila on business and have 3 free days during which I was thinking about traveling to boracay. I have heard various things, and was wondering if anyone had any advice as far as where to stay. I am a woman travelling alone, so safety is a big factor for me. What is the party scene like? Where is good to go? Any advice anyone can offer me would be great! I am really just looking to go a chill for a few days, maybe hit a massage or spa, and possibly go snorkling or scuba diving...

tam
Level Contributor
258 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wondering where is safe and nice?

Boracay is safe to go alone, I've done that before I stayed in SandCastle near Red Coconut and go to the bar at Cocomangas at night and beachcomber.

There are lots of places to stay in Boracay at the beachfront depending on what kind from cheapest to quite expensive resorts..

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wondering where is safe and nice?

Boracay is a safe place for women - just take the same precautions as you would anywhere else in the world. Stick to well lit areas at night, don't wander off alone on the beach when drunk etc. There are lots of nice places to stay - if you let me know your budget I'd be happy to suggest a few. If you are trying to keep your costs down I'd recommend Dave's Straw Hat Inn (www.davesstrawhatinn.com), near boat station 3. It's a small friendly place, and you'll be treated like one of the family. If you have a little more cash to spare, check out True Home Hotel (www.truehomehotel.com). There are only 8 rooms, so you really get a personalised service.

At the moment it's low season, so it's not really party season. There are still lots of nice bars, the most popular of which are Cocomangas, Pier 1, Club Paraw (station 1), Hey Judes, Pats, Rumba's, Hobbit House, Summer Place (D' Mall/ station 2 area) and Kurt's, Sulu bar, Cocoloco, Red Pirates (south of station 3).

Feel free to get in touch if you need any more advice.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wondering where is safe and nice?

Here are some tips and photos about bars, restaurants and activities in Boracay if you are interested:

members.virtualtourist.com/m/8ab27/157917/

Los Angeles
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wondering where is safe and nice?

We just returned from 3 nights at the True Home Hotel, and it was in our opinion, the nicest place to stay on the island. We had the Junior Suite, which for approximately $70 USD per night, included a large and beautifully decorated ocean-view room, private bathroom, breakfast, and our very own private deck/veranda directly overlooking the ocean. It was fantastic! The service was excellent, the location was quiet and relaxing(except for some construction occuring directly next door from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day, but it didn't bother us too much), it felt very very safe (there were always staff and security on hand), and there were several decent restaurants and bars just a few feet away. I just can't believe you can get this kind of room elsewhere on the island, with the impeccable views and ambience, for so little money. We had strongly considered both Fridays and Nigi Nigi as alternatives, but after walking through them, we're so glad we stayed at True Home (thank you for your advice, Sirenna!). The pictures on the website just don't do it justice!

http://www.truehomehotel.com

I would definitely recommend an ocean view room, probably the Junior Suite just because you'd probably feel a little safer since the entrance is via the inside of the hotel. The 2 deluxe beachfront rooms also looked very nice, but their entrances are outside on the beach. Although I always saw security sitting out there.

Cocomangas was a fun and lively place to hang out at night. It's almost directly across the street, or just down the beach, from the hotel.

Make sure to visit Puka Beach as well - it was pristine! We rode a tricyle there, and negotiated reasonably priced 3-hour boat ride around the island for just the 2 of us from a local boat owner.

I hope that helps.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wondering where is safe and nice?

I'm glad you enjoyed it! You know, I really feel the same about that place. I live on the island, so I haven't actually stayed at True Home myself (though I've stayed in their Manila hotel), but I do regularly get to meet people who are staying in many different resorts, and sometimes check out the rooms, and of course I recieve loads of feedback from tourists. Several friends of mine have stayed at True Home recently, and were really impressed. That's why I'm so keen to recommend it - for the price, it really is a one-off on the island.

Aklan
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wondering where is safe and nice?

Also check out; The Boracay Beach Resort:www.boracaybeachresort.com It is a beachfront resort and just takes two minutes to the newest center on Boracay. D'Mall whre you find all the best restaurants, cafes and bars, SHOPPPPIIIINGGG is greatest,...See you in Boracay...