We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Husband worried about Boracay Regency, HELP Pls!!!!

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
176 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Husband worried about Boracay Regency, HELP Pls!!!!

Hi all,

We are coming down to Boracay for 4 nights starting 7th December, and my countdown has already begun.

Have booked ourselves at Boracay Beach Resort which has very good reviews, but somehow I missed the part about them not having a pool which all of a sudden my hubby decided he really needs.

Have chked Boracay Regency which seems fine, but need to know how far is it from the beach. It says beachfront but there are some reviews which says u have to cross a stretch of road and all and my hubby doesn't sound too convinced. Could anyone tell me exactly how far the beach is from the hotel?

Any other modest hotel recommendations which are close to the beach as well as have a pool? Would love to hear them....budget would be in the range of what we would be paying for Regency.

Thanks guys.

KY

Vancouver, Wn.
Level Contributor
427 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Husband worried about Boracay Regency, HELP Pls!!!!

five step from the bottom of the stairs.

singapore
Level Contributor
176 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Husband worried about Boracay Regency, HELP Pls!!!!

Hi Beachlover,

Thanks for that. So then its quite close...have u been there and if you did, did u like it?

Vancouver, Wn.
Level Contributor
427 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Husband worried about Boracay Regency, HELP Pls!!!!

Sorry I have not actually stayed there but on last visit we ate a couple of time at one of their restrauants. I've read all the reviews and have pretty much determined this will be where we stay on our next visit. Not sure about about the noise level at night as this is right in the entertainment area.

I like a swimming pool too but with the beach and the water at Boracay it is really not needed. The water is so nice that there are still many people in the water at dusk. Enjoy

singapore
Level Contributor
176 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Husband worried about Boracay Regency, HELP Pls!!!!

Thanks once again....we just weren't sure abt the distance, and I am not really a beach person, my husband is, but he likes to laze by the pool too so prefers keeping his options open..

Have a great day!!

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
423 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Husband worried about Boracay Regency, HELP Pls!!!!

I dont think there's anything to worry about. The frontage of the hotel is beachfront, but many of the rooms are at the back and wont have a beach view so you might want to check that with the hotel. There's no road to cross, just a sandy pathway.

The disadvantages, for me, were the busy location and that the food wasnt great. Plus, as mentioned above, it's in the entertainment area which wont suit everyone and could be noisy. I found it overpriced, and wouldnt stay there again.

Boracay Beach Resort I consider to be in a better area of the beach, and the food at Cafe Del Mar is great.

singapore
Level Contributor
176 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Husband worried about Boracay Regency, HELP Pls!!!!

Hi there,

Thanks so much for that coz we decided to stick on the Boracay Beach Resort and ur views help...now I just wanna leave asap and start our hols ;-)

7. Re: Husband worried about Boracay Regency, HELP Pls!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 02:19