We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November, good idea or not?

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Venezia
Level Contributor
208 posts
1 review
Save Topic
November, good idea or not?

Hi there,

I have a chance to go to Boracay in the second half of November but I've been reading lots of different things about the weather, some people say it will be fine others say there will be typhoons.

So is it a wise idea to come then or is just gonna be a case of come and see what happens.

Thanks

Manila
Level Contributor
993 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: November, good idea or not?

Use that opportunity: November is one of the most beautiful and relaxed months - ideal. People are upbeat on incoming season, the weather is mostly good and the beach clean. Are there typhoons? Maybe yes - maybe no. Typhoons have no regular schedule, let's say every November 23. The Philippines is a country with an average of 18 or so typhoons yearly. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Relax, a typhoon is not the end of the world....

Boracay Island...
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: November, good idea or not?

I agree. In most years, Oct-Nov is a great time to visit. Prices are still at low season levels but in most years the seasonal weather pattern will have switched by then and the Habagat wind will be blowing out of the East onto Bulubag beach, leaving White Beach on the Western side of the island with calm weather and flat water.

The weather will probably be rainier than in Dec & Jan, but a lot of the rain will likely come in late-night showers, which is fine if you're back in your room by then -- and if not, just order another drink and wait for the shower to stop.

As far as there is such a thing as a typhoon "season", it's probably in the months Jun-Nov or Jul-Oct, depending on how one defines its start and finish months. See …nii.ac.jp/digital-typhoon/reference/monthly/

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,315 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: November, good idea or not?

November is a nice time of year, and maybe easier to negotiate prices, but peak season prices in most hotels are already in place. Weather has been off pattern in general, last June when i was there into July it was mostly nice, little rain, which is rainy season. With that said, other times of year where weather is supposed to be drier it as rained. Go for November, you will have good time.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: November, good idea or not?

I agree with the others.

October - december is my favourite time in Boracay. Nice weather, fewer people and no algae/seaweed.

Venezia
Level Contributor
208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: November, good idea or not?

Thanks alot guys for your help, I think I'll probably head to boracay then.

See you on the beach

fairfield...
Level Contributor
891 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: November, good idea or not?

Yes, November is the best time to be in Bora(cay). There will be rain so don't stay too long. 4-days, 3-nights stay is perfect.

Enjoy Bora(cay)....:-)

Papalo

7. Re: November, good idea or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 March 2009, 12:36
8. Re: November, good idea or not?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 March 2009, 14:33
9. Re: November, good idea or not?

10. Re: November, good idea or not?