We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chalet Tirol

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
las vegas, NV
14 posts
Save Topic
Chalet Tirol

Has anyone every stayed at Chalet Tirol? Coundn't find any feedback here at all. Just need to know if it's a good place to stay. Thanks

Boracay
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chalet Tirol

Chalet Tirol is a very nice place to stay. It is ideal for families and small groups. It is beach front and has a nice location. Staffs are very friendly.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,203 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chalet Tirol

Valbayani37, nice advertisement....one forum contribution, but you never said if you stayed there or are related to them.

Manila
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chalet Tirol

We stayed at Chalet Tirol during the Xmas season (Dec. 26th to 31st). We didn't have much choice then since we booked our trip kinda late already. The cottage is actually an old house with old-fashioned rooms. We booked for 2 pax and when we got there were booked in this small room situated on the second level with one bed. When we entered the room, we were kinda surprised because there was only one small bed, not good enough for two people. Later on, we discovered that there was a small pullout bed. We didn't really like the place mainly because of the following:

1. In the middle of a shower, we frequently experienced the water being cut off for like 15 to 30 mins. It was really annoying,not to mention cold!

2. There were frequent power outages for reasons we never found out.

On the upside, the staff were kinda helpful and they serve home cooked meals.

It was fortunate that I was just with my cousin, both of us guys, so we weren't really particular with such issues though it added to the hassle considering we expected a stress free vacation. The price wasn't also that cheap, considering the price is comparable to better places. If you are with your family though and plan to have a relaxing and good time, I wouldn't recommend this place.

Manila
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Chalet Tirol

We stayed at Chalet Tirol during the Xmas season (Dec. 26th to 31st). We didn't have much choice then since we booked our trip kinda late already. The cottage is actually an old house with old-fashioned rooms. We booked for 2 pax and when we got there were booked in this small room situated on the second level with one bed. When we entered the room, we were kinda surprised because there was only one small bed, not good enough for two people. Later on, we discovered that there was a small pullout bed. We didn't really like the place mainly because of the following:

1. In the middle of a shower, we frequently experienced the water being cut off for like 15 to 30 mins. It was really annoying,not to mention cold!

2. There were frequent power outages for reasons we never found out.

On the upside, the staff were kinda helpful and they serve home cooked meals.

It was fortunate that I was just with my cousin, both of us guys, so we weren't really particular with such issues though it added to the hassle considering we expected a stress free vacation. The price wasn't also that cheap, considering the price is comparable to better places. If you are with your family though and plan to have a relaxing and good time, I wouldn't recommend this place.

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Chalet Tirol

On both sides of Chalet Tirol you have more houses and hotels. Beach Houses are also available south of station 3, in Angol

Boracay
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Chalet Tirol

Dear Cool,

Good day to you! First of all I would like to thank you for telling your experience here in our resort. The room that we gave you was good for 2 people and we are informing our guest about the beds, room etc before they reserve a room here. Anyway the size of the bed was designed for 2 pax. Each of our rooms here are design in native style. About the power shortage, all of the resorts in the island are experiencing that, thats why we have standby generator. Our resort is the only cheapest place here in station 1 beachfront without sacrificing your comfort and privacy.

7. Re: Chalet Tirol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2010, 15:04
Manila
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Chalet Tirol

Hi Valbayani37, I have to agree that your resort has a great beachfront since it's located in station 1 where it's more serene. We paid P4,500 (approx. $96) per night for the standard room, and P5,800 (approx. $124) per night for the deluxe room. With regards to the power outages, these tend to last for around an hour or so since I wouldn't have mind if these lasted for just a minute or two.. As for the water going off, I think this was caused by someone else using the water on the ground floor because every time I hear water being utilized downstairs, the water in our room would go off.

Edited: 21 December 2009, 02:10
9. Re: Chalet Tirol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2010, 06:15