We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To busy/ crowded?

London
Level Contributor
438 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
To busy/ crowded?

I am planning to go to Boracay mid January, I like the look of the Boracay Regency, I see it is located close to boat station 2, some reviews say the beach is crowded around this point. We dont want crowded!!

I dont mind being close to the 'action' but want to be able to relax in peace around hotel.

Is it really this busy in January?

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,009 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To busy/ crowded?

Shouldn't be crowded in January unless you go during the 1st week of January.

Regency is closer to station 3 than 2. Not the best part of the beach but not as crowded as 2. For me station 1 is still the best.

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: To busy/ crowded?

Green Archer: Regency is nearer to station 3 than 2??? Since when? Something's wrong here

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: To busy/ crowded?

Regency is okay, has several swimming pool, a wide beach front, a good breakfast buffet, is not too far from the activities and has a good location to explore the island.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,374 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To busy/ crowded?

greenarcher, what are you talking about. you said "Regency is closer to station 3 than 2. Not the best part of the beach but not as crowded as 2" Fist Regency is not closer to station 3, it is closer to station 2. Next, station 3 is a very nice area, granted station one is nice, but to say station 3 is not the best part of the beach is incorrect and misleading.

Also, Cabdriver, I dont have a calendar in front of me, but there are other peak periods this January such as January 17 - Boracay Ati Atihan and January 24- Ati Atihan Kalibo which brings many people to Boracay as well. Island gets busier I believe during those periods.

boracay island
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: To busy/ crowded?

The confusion might have arisen from the fact that there is a new "Crown Regency" hotel near station 3 now, not to be confused with Boracay Regency, which incidentally is not a part of the international Regency chain.

I find station 2 far too crowded, with loud music pumping out if every establishment.

Down past station 3 is nice if you like a bit of peace!

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: To busy/ crowded?

Where does each station (1-3) start and end?

London
Level Contributor
438 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: To busy/ crowded?

Thanks everyone! I think I am more confused/unsure than I was. I guess I will have to keep looking at the TA hotel reviews, and others, and try and get the best of both worlds!

Any other suggestions welcome, I want a nice hotel, as it is for a 50th birthday celibration!

Boracay Island...
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: To busy/ crowded?

Regency is roughly 800m north of station 3 and 200m south of station 2; measuring from the structures which used to be used as boat stations.

Station 3 area is generally thought of from Tourist Center road southwards to the end of the beachfront path; the area south of the old boat station structure itself is sometimes called "south of station 3. Station 2 area runs northwards from there, nearly to or perhaps all the way to the boat station one structure. Anything north of that up to the end of the beach, and perhaps some bits south of the boat station one structure itself, is in the station one area.

For info about what is where on boracay, look at

http://www.boracayinfo.net

www.boracayinfo.net/WhiteBeach.htm#2020m

www.openstreetmap.org/…

None of those are 100% up to date, but they are all useful.

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: To busy/ crowded?

Station 3 = Angol, across Swiss Inn/Sulu Thai

Station 2 = (middle/near the D'Mall), across Boracay Mandarin (near Shakey's)

Station 1 = (northernmost), across Boracay Crown Plaza (or so)and near to Boracay Starbucks and Yellow Cab Pizza

(nowadays you have to use beside boat stations the fast food places as directional indicators, isn't-it?)

Station 1 and station 3 are accessible by wheels, while station 2, used today as headquarter of the Auxiliary Coast guard and Live Savers, is only accessible by foot.

Florida
Level Contributor
51 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: To busy/ crowded?

Try Boracay Beach Club. We were there last month and very satisfied with the accomodation.

They are at station 1 about 15-20 min walk to station 2. Around the area where BBC is are Cocomangas, Club Paraw, Guilys, Jonah's Shake & Obama Grill.

Hotel has a private beach front lounge but main property is across the street which gives for some privacy and quiet when the bars are jammin.

Happy hunting.