We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cebu Pacific

Boracay Island...
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cebu Pacific

Cebu Pacific gets a lot of bad press here, but I just used them for a flight from Kalibo to Manila and found it an overall good experience.

I booked online a couple of weeks ago and paid with a US credit card -- no problem except that I had screwed up and booked the wrong date. After a few false starts, I called the number on their website for their Manila and had no problem rescheduling the flight. I left Boracay at about 9AM and turned up at Kalibo airport at about 11:30 for the 13:05 flight. Checkin went smoothly with the e-ticket they had emailed me and I had printed. The flight was on an A-320, and went smoothly.

No fuss, no muss. I always have very low expectations when I travel and am rarely disappointed. This time I was pleasantly surprised.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,411 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cebu Pacific

i tend to lean towards the average, and the average as noted many times on this site at least and what others have experienced in other places say buy beware. Even Zest has good experiences to talk about and I flew them and it was great, oh yeah, hey crashed twice.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,967 posts
2,059 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cebu Pacific

Bill, we can all be lucky, but in perhaps 15 flights with Cebu Pacific, I have had one delay of two hours but no other problems apart from a small fare that it refuses to refund (in that it won't reply to my email).

I accept that if a traveller is badly delayed or otherwise inconvenienced, some may regard it as a black mark against the transport operator for life, but I'm at a loss to understand why some Filipinos regard Cebu Pacific-bashing as a national sport. After all, before it arrived on the scene, there was a relatively poor route network in the Philippines: now there is an excellent one.

Fares seem to be cheaper (except on the beloved of foreigners Manila -Caticlan route, albeit suspended at present) and Cebu Pacific's planes on average are less than two years old. No wonder it's the market leader in the Philippines.

Quezon City
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cebu Pacific

Hi

Is there any ongoing promo of Cebu pac? last time we avail Piso fare promo of cebu pac and it was so cheap.

If theres any promotion with other airlines, kindly advise me or pm me. Im planning to have vacay on May.

excited mode :P

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cebu Pacific

< Is there any ongoing promo of Cebu pac? l >

Yes, there is a promo. Got this mail today:

Grab a P999 seat for the summer!

Jumpstart the summer travel season with our P999 ‘Go Lite’ seat sale starting now until January 15, 2010, for travel this February 1 to April 4, 2010.

Up for grabs are major local tourist destinations such as Boracay (Kalibo), Puerto Princesa, Busuanga, Naga, Legazpi, San Jose (Mindoro), Tagbilaran (Bohol), Cebu, Laoag (Ilocos Norte), Siargao, Cagayan de Oro and Davao.

We have a total of 32 domestic destinations to choose from and accessible through hubs across the country: Manila, Cebu, Clark and Davao. Try our Inter-island routes, a smash hit for those going home or opting to take weekend vacations with friends. These routes include Davao-Iloilo, Davao-Cagayan de Oro, Cebu-Dumaguete, Cebu-Ozamiz and Clark-Cebu.

Log on to www.cebupacificair.com and plan your summer travels as early as now!

Passengers without credit cards can book online and pay through CEB partner banks (Bancnet, Megalink, Metrobank, Banco de Oro and Robinsons Savings Bank).

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,967 posts
2,059 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cebu Pacific

klenx, most airlines worldwide allow you to 'subscribe' to receive emailed offers.

Some airlines send these emails out too often, but if you want to know about promotions, it's an easy way to receive the information.

Of course in the Philippines (unlike Australia), these special fares usually do not include taxes and charges so be aware of that.

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cebu Pacific

Also SEAIR has a Caticlan Promo offer:

< SEAIR Announces Special Anniversary Promos

Southeast Asian Airlines (SEAIR), the Philippines' premiere leisure airline, offers special anniversary promos in celebration of its 15th anniversary on March 25, 2010.

Travelers can avail of the special morning rates of as low as PhP 1,999.20 per way all-in when they book as early as February for travel from March 2010 onwards. The special rates are available for limited seats for all flights to and from Boracay before 7 a.m.

SEAIR is also offering exclusive discounts for online bookings. Vacationers can get PhP 1,500.00 discount per way for all seats, flights and routes when they book via www.FlySeair.com. To avail of the promo, online users can type iloveseair15 in the promo code field when booking on Jan. 11-18 for travel on Feb. 19-March 26, as well as when booking on March 14-25 for travel on June 15-Oct. 15.

This is SEAIR’s way of thanking travelers for their continued support. The airline has been serving key tourist destinations since 1995, most notably Boracay, and has the longest history of uninterrupted service to Boracay direct via Caticlan.

SEAIR now offers up to 27 flights per day to Boracay (Caticlan) and is now flying daily to the island paradise of Batanes. It also flies to El Nido, Palawan every Wednesday and Sunday, as well as Marinduque every Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.

.. SEAIR also offers the most routes from Caticlan with flights from Caticlan to Manila v.v., Caticlan to Clark v.v and Caticlan to Cebu v.v. >

http://www.flyseair.com/node/184

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cebu Pacific

Nice advertising - but the cheap flights will be at 5:50 and 6:20 AM

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,967 posts
2,059 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cebu Pacific

Don't worry Davi-Boy, some travellers don't need an alarm clock because Filipino roosters start crowing at midnight and ensure if we're 'lucky' enough to be near one that we may not sleep, and hence getting up for an 0550 flight at 0330 or so is no big drama.

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cebu Pacific

Roosters? In Manila, resp. around the hotel? You want to say when you're in a hotel room in Metro Manila you're woken up at 4 or 5 AM bu roosters? Is that so.....

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,967 posts
2,059 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cebu Pacific

Davi-Boy, try Casa Bocobo in Ermita: one side has roosters!