We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic holiday in Boracay

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
59 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic holiday in Boracay

Hi all,

Hubby and i heading to Boracay right after our wedding in Nov 09 and currently searching for hotel to stay. Please help advise, our criteria are as follows:

- staying for 5 nights

- must have comfortable bed (think Four Seasons)

- must have bath tub (big enough for 2... ;p)

- budget around USD$150

- location preference White Beach 1 or 2

- doesn't have to be beachfront, but no more than 10mins from beach

- noise doesn't matter

- preferably with nice deck area to chill, either pool or beach

currently looking at Tides, Two Seasons, and Boracay Regency... any recommendations or suggestions?? thanks!!

Mentioned in this post
White Beach
White Beach
5,799 Reviews
Panay Island, Philippines
The Tides Boracay
The Tides Boracay
269 Reviews
Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic holiday in Boracay

Two Seasons is THE place for you and your Hubby - have fun - you choose one of the best months to be on BoraCay.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,182 posts
2,163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic holiday in Boracay

Station 1 is generally quieter than Station 2, the latter being 'Party Central.'

I would have a careful look at hotel booking sites www.asiatravel.com, www.expedia.com and www.asiarooms.com: my personal favourite is asiatravel but all these three are good.

My friends who recently stayed at Fridays raved about it. It is expensive.

On www.asiatravel.com, Boracay Regency's Premier Rooms (including a bathtub) are US$155 per night.

One other option may be Fairways and Bluewater, a golfing and leisure resort: it has a shuttle service to White Beach, and its own private beach on the other side of the island. www.asiaytravel.com seems to be offering rooms in November for US$124. My memory is that the villas have good facilities within, suitable for a honeymooning couple. You can email or telephone asiatravel for further details.

Look up reviews on TA for further information.

Mentioned in this post
White Beach
White Beach
5,799 Reviews
boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic holiday in Boracay

My choice would be Two Seasons as it is beachfront and in a nice location. It opens up straight onto the sand as opposed to a busy walkway or crowded mall.

The Tides is more for party people - it's in the mall, it looks like an office block - very bland and not at all romantic. And bad food.

Mentioned in this post
The Tides Boracay
The Tides Boracay
269 Reviews
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,628 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic holiday in Boracay

Yes but do any of these places have - must have bath tub (big enough for 2... ;p)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
59 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic holiday in Boracay

thanks for your recommendations!! seems like Two Seasons and Boracay Regency would be the front runners! will go check out if they have any special rates then!

thanks!!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
59 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic holiday in Boracay

Hi, just wondering how is the Boracay Beach Club like? I like their package where they include tons of activities so I don't have to plan that much, but it just seems to be more of a fun with friends type of place?? not particularly romantic?? do advise if i should consider the Beach Club or just stick to Two Seasons or Boracay Regency?? (still trying to find out which rooms have bath tubs!! ;p)

Mentioned in this post
Boracay Beach Club
Boracay Beach Club
849 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
59 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic holiday in Boracay

so much choice on the tripadvisor forum!!

i'm reading some nice reviews on Le Soleil de Boracay and The Strand... how do these hotels measure up??

asiatravel.com has really good and competitive rates!! in some cases even better than writing in to the hotel directly!

Mentioned in this post
The Strand
The Strand
216 Reviews
Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic holiday in Boracay

As it is almost your honeymoon: you want beach and a nice room and serenity, don't-you. Go to Two Seasons and from there you can visit all the other places and then return to your quiet hotel with a wide beautiful beach front.

If you do not care for that, the other places you mentioned are also good

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic holiday in Boracay

If romantic ambiance is your thing, go with Two Seasons. Station 2 is crowded with party people, and the beach is very busy during the day, with lots of vendors harassing you. Up past station 1 is much nicer.

Bathtubs are quite rare in Boracay, you'll find. Most hotels just have showers.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
59 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Romantic holiday in Boracay

thanks for all the recommendation thus far!! i think i'm going with Two Seasons... has anyone heard of this travel agent:

Go Discover Ltd, member of whl.travel

it's offering really good rates for Two Seasons!! but sometimes if it sounds too good... like they will just take my money and i will end up at the hotel with no reservation?? do advise if this agent is reputable?? thanks!!