We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

January '10: how to get from Puerto Princessa to Boracay?

San Remo
2 posts
Save Topic
January '10: how to get from Puerto Princessa to Boracay?

Hi all,

we will be travelling for around 20days in the philippines in january '10. We are planning to fly in from Manila to el Nido and continue our journey, after a few days on Palawan, to boracay from Puerto Princessa. We are struggling a bit to get confirmations (either for ferrys or flighst) that there is a direct connection between both locations? When we do have a confirmation, we can not book (because website is not geared up for that) or is sold out (e.g. Seair).

Can someone please advise what is the best way to get from Palawan (either El Nido or Puerto Princessa) to Caticlan/Kalibo or even Roxas/Illolio?

Thanks for yor help, cant wait to get my butt in the philippino sand!!! :-)

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,612 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: January '10: how to get from Puerto Princessa to Boracay?

Seair does this flight, but they have in my opinion adopted the Cebu Pacific mentality of being late or canceling ( this ) flight often....stranding passengers. Now that they are the only ones who fly into Caticlan, they see it as an opportunity to screw their passengers with higher rates, canceled flights if not full and lack of customer service that they were once famous for.....I used to feel bad for them when the other airlines flew into caticlan and they had to compete but could not afford to lower rates and often were not full..so we would fly with them whenever...now when the other airlines return I would love to see them go out of business...

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: January '10: how to get from Puerto Princessa to Boracay?

Correct: Seair will increase or even resume flights between Caticlan and Puerto Princesa, once passenger numbers increase. That will happen eventually within a month. In the meantime Seair flies once weekly to Coron, Coron Island, Northern Palawan.

3. Re: January '10: how to get from Puerto Princessa to Boracay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2010, 05:19
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor