We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boraca general advice please!

Kent
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Boraca general advice please!

Trip all booked to the Philippines in January. Staying two days in Manila to start with. Then want to head off to Boracay. Advice to the following would be much appreciated:

1) Is Boracay the best place to go? We obviously like to be by the beach, good restaurants and bars. Also like to be kept busy exploring and taking trips to experience places we visit.

2) Which airline is best? I think we have to accept that the landing airport will be Kalibo. SEAir seem a bit too tight on their luggage allowance. From research so far, I am thinking Cebu Pacific seem the best option?

3) How long do you think we will need in Boracay to relax and enjoy/explore the environment? Is 6-7 full days too long?

4) Hotel Soleil Boracay seems a good mid-priced option. Does anyone have experience of this place?

5) What kind of prices am I looking at for a good meal out, alcohol, transport etc?

Advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Matt.

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Boraca general advice please!

The answers to your questions:

- 1) Yes

- 2) all airlines are basically ok. PAL Express and Cebu Pacific to Kalibo are ok and even Seair to Caticlan is ok. Luggage allowance is not much bigger with the Kalibo flights with PAL and CP. If you have a lot of baggage, like 50 Kg, then try the A300 from Zest Air to Kalibo, scheduled to depart Manila noon time. Delays notorious for all airlines

- 3) Can be too long, can be too short...

- 4) The new rooms of Le Soleil are nice, but the management has put a disco on top of their restaurant which is often very noisy. Next door you have also a disco, often very noisy and to the other side nightly live bands, very noisy

-5) Check Trip Advisor topics - has been discusses many, many times

Good trip

Caloocan...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Boraca general advice please!

try cebupacificair.com the earlier you book our plane ticket better savings for you money they have offers or bargains.

or www.philippineairline.com.ph or www.philippineaire.com

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Boraca general advice please!

The correct URL for PAL Express:

www.philippineairlines.com/home/home.jsp

4. Re: Boraca general advice please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2010, 15:04
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,887 posts
1,992 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boraca general advice please!

Ctiminology, Boracay is great in that it's a beautiful island, but there are many tourists both locals and foreigners.

This may be to your liking, and at times parts of White beach can be surprisingly quiet. So I'm not knocking it. See 'Boracay attractions' for tips on snorkelling off Crocodile Island.

However I recently wemnt to peaceful Siquijor (fly to Dumaguete then 1 hour hydrofoil or fast pump boat. It was great and quieter than Boracy, but has beauttiful beaches, a relaxed pace, great food and marine sanctuaries. You can also visit stunning Apo Island off Dumaguete's nearby (30km) town of Duain. Both latter are in Oriental Negros. See 'Negros hotels: there are two places to stay on Apo Island. There are 'Nemo' clownfish for snorkellers at Apo Island among other species.

So the choice is yours!

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boraca general advice please!

Yes, Boracay fits the bill for lovely beaches, varied and good dining scene and friendly nightlife.

There are lots of activities and watersports, and you can arrange trips to the mainland for nature hiking and waterfalls, as well as exploring around Boracay by sailboat (paraw).

I did the trip mentioned by Victorianlad - Dumaguete, Siqujor and Apo, and had a great time.

However Dumaguete is a city, not a beach destination, though the boulevard is a nice spot to hang out and there are some good restaurants.

Siquijor is very pretty, but no real dining or nightlife to speak of.

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
82 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boraca general advice please!

My wife and I stayed at Le Soleil. It's a nice looking hotel for the price and fronts the beach. The morning bkfst buffet is good. Didn't have much of a view but spent most waking hours outside. Has a small pool but didn't use it, though sat next to it a couple of times. The staff and food are good. I wasn't bothered by noise, it seemed distant and the ac drowns it out anyway.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boraca general advice please!

Was this recently? I passed it last night and it was pounding!

Ottawa,Canada
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boraca general advice please!

it was a while back.

ie a few months

anyway breakfast is good there.

also try NigiNigis breakfast its also good

Boracay Island...
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Boraca general advice please!

Nigi has a great marketing ploy on their breakfasts: all the eggs you can eat.

In practice,people order 2 of 3 eggs. Every now and then some yo-yo goes for the record and eats himself sick, but that's only every now and then and when it does happen people talk about "Did you hear about the guy who tried to eat <insert number> eggs at Nigi?" for quite a while afterwards.