We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helicopter Transfer

Lexington Park...
Level Contributor
7 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Helicopter Transfer

Just considering this as a 'now for something completely different' (my apologies to Monty Python) way to get from Caticlan to the hotel. Thoughts from the experts? Yes, I know the cost ;)

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helicopter Transfer

myboracayguide.com/transporttype/boracay-tra…

it may help...have a look

Lexington Park...
Level Contributor
7 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helicopter Transfer

Edwinic,

Yes, thanks. That is where I got the idea. I am looking for any opinions beyond the advertising

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,357 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helicopter Transfer

they pick you up at your hotel, take you to the cagban heliport and then fly you to caticlan. Just a personal note, I would love to see this business controlled better. They fly low over the beach, very noisy, not caring about people relaxing on the beach or in the hotels. They low flew over us at Asya and it was a nuisance. I would not use them for this reason..just an opinion.

Lexington Park...
Level Contributor
7 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helicopter Transfer

LO2,

Thanks, that is exactly the kind of input I am looking for. If they are a thorn in the side of the locals/visitors, then I certainly don't want to be part of the problem.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,357 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Helicopter Transfer

in some places they have ordinances for safety, no flying over dense areas, populated areas etc except at a certain distance and or height....one other thing this heli zips thru the same flight pattern as the Seair and PAL planes, not sure what that means and how much safety thought is put into this but I worry about that. I would hope that has been worked out...BY the way I understand you can also fly off the golf course and get a tour included for more pesos on your way back to Caticlan. One note, if this thing does not fly due to weather or other reasons and you wait till the last minute to get to Caticlan thinking you will fly in the heli...you may miss your Caticlan flight....just a thought thanks...this is all my opinion..based on what I see..saw..heard...and was told...

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Helicopter Transfer

Walk if you don't like it. And if leftover don't like it it is not that the locals don't like it..... Or maybe I missed it: leftovertoo speaker of the locals 2010. When was that election again?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,357 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Helicopter Transfer

some local hotel owners dont like it....tourist find it annoying....thats all..

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Helicopter Transfer

depending on situation. a tourist that has broken appendix would be happy to have it around if they need airlift to Kalibo.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,357 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Helicopter Transfer

good point edwinic..

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Helicopter Transfer

thanks lefty2.

but i would not use it to spend 6000 on a 15 min trip unless my old girlfriend is reading this post and invited me to take her to Bora...cay.